Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Why the long Delay in sending medical and fingerprints?

Why the long Delay in sending medical and fingerprints?

Old Aug 28th 2003, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

zico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why the long Delay in sending medical and fingerprints?

Here is my dilemma:

I applied to Federal Canadian Immigration on 4/15/2002. I got an AOR on 10/7/2002 (after almost 6 months, however, they cashed my check on 4/18/2002) stating that they will assess my application in 30 weeks ( which is some time in May 2003). However, I haven't heard from them until this day even though I sent them a letter asking them about the status of my application. Anyway, during that 6 months period, I applied and got accepted through Quebec. They sent me the CSQ (Certificat de Selection) on 10/1/2002 and told me it should take a year to be able to come to Canada. I, then, sent the Canadian embassy the CSQ, and a letter stating that I changed my destination from Toronto to Montreal. I sent all my correspondence with registered mail to make sure they received my letters.

Is there anybody experiencing the same delay? Why is it taking them so long to send me the medical and fingerprints, when I don't have to go through the 75 points system, since I got screened and accepted through Quebec?

I just talked to a friend of mine today, who applied on March 15, 2002, and received a letter yesterday saying that he got rejected because he was 2 points shy from 75. But he didn't have a CSR like I do. I hope I am right about not being subject to the 75 points system, since I got accepted through Quebec's provincial selection system.

Last edited by zico; Aug 28th 2003 at 5:01 pm.