Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Why don't they update ECAS more often?

Why don't they update ECAS more often?

Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all
Default Why don't they update ECAS more often?

I'm due to pick up my passport in two days which is great

I've just been reflecting on all those countless, frustrating times I checked my ECAS status over the last 18 months. Up until today there hadn't been an update for nearly a year despite me getting medical requests etc.

So I check today for the first time and they have updated it with 'Decision Made' ....but they also put in a retrospective entry of 'Medical Requests Received'. This happened 7 months ago! Why on earth didn't someone at CIC update it then?!

It really wouldn't take much to just enter a couple of words now and then to keep the applicant in the loop!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:47 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why don't they update ECAS more often?

Why use CIC resources for anything that doesnt help get applications processed sooner?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by humanist

I've just been reflecting on all those countless, frustrating times I checked my ECAS status over the last 18 months. Up until today there hadn't been an update for nearly a year despite me getting medical requests etc.

So I check today for the first time and they have updated it with 'Decision Made' ....but they also put in a retrospective entry of 'Medical Requests Received'. This happened 7 months ago! Why on earth didn't someone at CIC update it then?!

It really wouldn't take much to just enter a couple of words now and then to keep the applicant in the loop!
I totally agree, keeping ecas up to date would surely reduce the amount of case specific emails that they must get on a daily basis. They must spend ages responding to these queries.
Why cant there be a system whereby each officer, when they move a case on, simply moves ecas status on. Surely they must do something with a PC internally, so why cant there be a link to ecas.
Personally I think we would be better off with no ecas system at all, than a very poor system that causes more stress than it relieves.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
I totally agree, keeping ecas up to date would surely reduce the amount of case specific emails that they must get on a daily basis. They must spend ages responding to these queries.
Why cant there be a system whereby each officer, when they move a case on, simply moves ecas status on. Surely they must do something with a PC internally, so why cant there be a link to ecas.
Personally I think we would be better off with no ecas system at all, than a very poor system that causes more stress than it relieves.
Yes, exactly. I e-mailed them a few times myself just wanting some feedback, any feedback.

If they made sure each stage was updated promptly, perhaps with a short note saying what the next stage would be and what to expect, that would surely reduce the deluge of queries they must get - most of which are probably just a frantic cry for an update.

Oh well, I'm sure all this stuff will fade into memory one day! ....hopefully
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:47 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Yes, exactly. I e-mailed them a few times myself just wanting some feedback, any feedback.
Did anyone reply? Im guessing not, or a form reply at best.

ECAS sucks. It always has, I dont expect fixing it to the point that its better than nothing is a high priority Im afraid. CIC dont care how stressed the applicants are. Perhaps its part of the selection proceedure... those that cant deal with the wait fall by the wayside to be replaced by those that can
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Igot the same upgrade today (decision made) Medicals received they said they aint got them 2 weeks ago,must have found them eh,Hope it is accepted and not a reject I will be off if it is after nearly four years.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

......think I'll rush off & check mine now!

...............Yep....mine shows 'Decision made' too and retrospective 'medicals received'.

Last edited by Robin (The Gadget family); Jan 18th 2011 at 6:09 am. Reason: update re: Ecas
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

When can you check on ECAS and expect to see "application received" - is it only after AOR?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Hi,
"Decision made" and" medicals received" on ECAS for us too.

Loety
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

And me...