Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Whv with UK caution plus arrest with no further action

Whv with UK caution plus arrest with no further action

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Jameshall12189 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whv with UK caution plus arrest with no further action

Hi guys just a quick question, I have been invited to apply for a whv, I received my police cert which has a caution on it for “ failure to comply with a direction excluding a person from an area” from 4 years ago, I will also have an arrest on there with no further action for being too drunk, do you think this will cause problems for me? Also there will be a few no further actions without arrest for similar situations from a long time ago
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whv with UK caution plus arrest with no further action

You may have to provide information regarding the events but if no CONVICTIONS then you should be OK. Supply the required documentation for the WHV and wait to see what happens but I wouldn't be losing any sleep over this.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

No definitely no convictions, unless a fixed penalty fine that was given on the street counts? Just a caution! I have requested my subject access request and will upload all together!! do “no further actions” count when the application is considered? There is one more thing, as I was unaware of my caution when I applied for an eta last may I answered no to the convictions question, it was a complete mistake I had no intention of misleading anyone, but now I am answering yes I’m my iec application, I’m just worried they will cross reference the 2 and assume I was misrepresenting myself
Old Jan 24th 2019, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jameshall12189 View Post
No definitely no convictions, unless a fixed penalty fine that was given on the street counts? Just a caution! I have requested my subject access request and will upload all together!! do “no further actions” count when the application is considered? There is one more thing, as I was unaware of my caution when I applied for an eta last may I answered no to the convictions question, it was a complete mistake I had no intention of misleading anyone, but now I am answering yes I’m my iec application, I’m just worried they will cross reference the 2 and assume I was misrepresenting myself
As for Misrepresentation yes it could be considered but when looking at the bigger picture if you have no convictions then I highly doubt IRCC would take it to that extreme as I believe the question is arrests, charges and convictions. All you can do is submit the application and wait to see what happens.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Thankyou, and last question when listing my offences in the application, do I just put my arrests and caution or should I list a fixed penalty notice for being too drunk too? It was just a ticket/fine given in the street? And are “no further actions” taken into account when considering application? Thankyou so much for your help by the way
Old Jan 24th 2019, 9:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jameshall12189 View Post
Thankyou, and last question when listing my offences in the application, do I just put my arrests and caution or should I list a fixed penalty notice for being too drunk too? It was just a ticket/fine given in the street? And are “no further actions” taken into account when considering application? Thankyou so much for your help by the way
List everything, then you can't be accused of misrepresentation in the future.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Thankyou very much, is a letter of explanation a good idea or will it have no impact on my application? Sorry for so many questions it’s just that my partner lives in Canada and I’m terrified I’ll get refused and won’t be able to see her