British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Whv with UK caution plus arrest with no further action (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/whv-uk-caution-plus-arrest-no-further-action-921350/)

Jameshall12189 Jan 23rd 2019 4:07 pm

Whv with UK caution plus arrest with no further action

Hi guys just a quick question, I have been invited to apply for a whv, I received my police cert which has a caution on it for “ failure to comply with a direction excluding a person from an area” from 4 years ago, I will also have an arrest on there with no further action for being too drunk, do you think this will cause problems for me? Also there will be a few no further actions without arrest for similar situations from a long time ago

Former Lancastrian Jan 23rd 2019 9:50 pm

Re: Whv with UK caution plus arrest with no further action

You may have to provide information regarding the events but if no CONVICTIONS then you should be OK. Supply the required documentation for the WHV and wait to see what happens but I wouldn't be losing any sleep over this.

Jameshall12189 Jan 23rd 2019 10:56 pm

No definitely no convictions, unless a fixed penalty fine that was given on the street counts? Just a caution! I have requested my subject access request and will upload all together!! do “no further actions” count when the application is considered? There is one more thing, as I was unaware of my caution when I applied for an eta last may I answered no to the convictions question, it was a complete mistake I had no intention of misleading anyone, but now I am answering yes I’m my iec application, I’m just worried they will cross reference the 2 and assume I was misrepresenting myself

Former Lancastrian Jan 24th 2019 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Jameshall12189 (Post 12626382)
No definitely no convictions, unless a fixed penalty fine that was given on the street counts? Just a caution! I have requested my subject access request and will upload all together!! do “no further actions” count when the application is considered? There is one more thing, as I was unaware of my caution when I applied for an eta last may I answered no to the convictions question, it was a complete mistake I had no intention of misleading anyone, but now I am answering yes I’m my iec application, I’m just worried they will cross reference the 2 and assume I was misrepresenting myself

As for Misrepresentation yes it could be considered but when looking at the bigger picture if you have no convictions then I highly doubt IRCC would take it to that extreme as I believe the question is arrests, charges and convictions. All you can do is submit the application and wait to see what happens.

Jameshall12189 Jan 24th 2019 8:29 am

Thankyou, and last question when listing my offences in the application, do I just put my arrests and caution or should I list a fixed penalty notice for being too drunk too? It was just a ticket/fine given in the street? And are “no further actions” taken into account when considering application? Thankyou so much for your help by the way

christmasoompa Jan 24th 2019 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Jameshall12189 (Post 12626501)
Thankyou, and last question when listing my offences in the application, do I just put my arrests and caution or should I list a fixed penalty notice for being too drunk too? It was just a ticket/fine given in the street? And are “no further actions” taken into account when considering application? Thankyou so much for your help by the way

List everything, then you can't be accused of misrepresentation in the future.

Jameshall12189 Jan 24th 2019 9:38 am

Thankyou very much, is a letter of explanation a good idea or will it have no impact on my application? Sorry for so many questions it’s just that my partner lives in Canada and I’m terrified I’ll get refused and won’t be able to see her