WHV - PNP - Contractor

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default WHV - PNP - Contractor

Hi,
I am in Canada on a Bunac working holiday visa. I have an offer of employment, although the offer is a contractual based one with a contract end date of 6 months from date of agreement.
as per CIC website quoted below, contracts are not accepted? can anyone clarify if I were to ask my employer to hire me as a direct employee rather than a contractor whether this would be valid AE.
Secondly with AE in NOC B, am i best doing Skilled worker or PNP with 6 months remaining on my bunac visa? Either way will I need to convert this to a TWP?
Thanks

Offer of Employment

The offer must state:

the job title and duties
the rate of pay
the employee’s standard hours of work
the position is permanent and full-time (a normal probationary period of employment may be specified).
A permanent job has no pre-determined end date. Full time employment means that the employee is expected to work year round and, on average, at least 30 hours a week.

The employer and the nominee candidate must be establishing an employer-employee relationship: applications will not be accepted for individuals hired under a contract for service (independent contractor agreement).
"
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future
Default Re: WHV - PNP - Contractor

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
Hi,
I am in Canada on a Bunac working holiday visa. I have an offer of employment, although the offer is a contractual based one with a contract end date of 6 months from date of agreement.
as per CIC website quoted below, contracts are not accepted? can anyone clarify if I were to ask my employer to hire me as a direct employee rather than a contractor whether this would be valid AE.
Secondly with AE in NOC B, am i best doing Skilled worker or PNP with 6 months remaining on my bunac visa? Either way will I need to convert this to a TWP?
Thanks

Offer of Employment

The offer must state:

the job title and duties
the rate of pay
the employee’s standard hours of work
the position is permanent and full-time (a normal probationary period of employment may be specified).
A permanent job has no pre-determined end date. Full time employment means that the employee is expected to work year round and, on average, at least 30 hours a week.

The employer and the nominee candidate must be establishing an employer-employee relationship: applications will not be accepted for individuals hired under a contract for service (independent contractor agreement).
"
Sorry I have no idea about this one but I think the person you need to ask is Andrew Miller perhaps you sould PM him as he seems to be a fountain of knowledge.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default Re: WHV - PNP - Contractor

Do I still need to apply for LMO in my field (IT technician, user support) Cat B if applied for PNP?