WHV from Germany 2006

Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

tnkngn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHV from Germany 2006

I am gonna apply for the WHV for Canada this coming Thursday, December 1st.
I am planning to go to Canada not before Mid-August 2006, as my school year doesn't end earlier.
I got the information that I can enter Canada with the use of the visa from 1st January til 31st of December, is this true?
Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHV from Germany 2006

Originally Posted by tnkngn
I am planning to go to Canada not before Mid-August 2006, as my school year doesn't end earlier.
I got the information that I can enter Canada with the use of the visa from 1st January til 31st of December, is this true?
Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
I believe thats true, are you a british citizen? check out the website that should confirm it for you.

www.bunac.com
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: WHV from Germany 2006

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
You will be able to enter until Dec 31st, yes. I held a 2003 WHV and didn't enter Canada until 22nd October. Any idea what you're going to do whilst in Canada and where? I'm happy to share my experiences with you if you have any questions

Adele x
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=adele]You will be able to enter until Dec 31st, yes. I held a 2003 WHV and didn't enter Canada until 22nd October. Any idea what you're going to do whilst in Canada and where? I'm happy to share my experiences with you if you have any questions

Hi Adele!

Thanks for confirming what I wrote, just wanted to make sure that it is true that I can enter up until 31st December 2006.
Not quite sure what I wanna do when I go over there, I have been to Canada previously already on a regular work permit, I was employed as a cabinetmaker, but came back to Germany to go back to school.
Ideally I would like to find a good paying job, as I am considering immigration anyways. On my previous wp I was working in only one job( because of the nature of the "normal" wp), you are kind of a "slave" to your employer I found. I have to say that I have researched a lot and know a lot more now, than I did when I was over the first time.
I would like to find out what part of Canada I would like to settle in, having only seen a part of Canada( Southwestern ON, specifically London that is).
Think Canada has a lot to offer.

Where have you gone when you went on your WHV?
Just Vancouver and BC? Or did you visit other parts and provinces of the country too?

Guess you liked it alot since you are going back for a second time, eh?:-)
Can you go back a second time with BUNAC?
Would like to know your experiences just pm me if you like!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tnkngn]
Originally Posted by adele
You will be able to enter until Dec 31st, yes. I held a 2003 WHV and didn't enter Canada until 22nd October. Any idea what you're going to do whilst in Canada and where? I'm happy to share my experiences with you if you have any questions

Hi Adele!

Thanks for confirming what I wrote, just wanted to make sure that it is true that I can enter up until 31st December 2006.
Not quite sure what I wanna do when I go over there, I have been to Canada previously already on a regular work permit, I was employed as a cabinetmaker, but came back to Germany to go back to school.
Ideally I would like to find a good paying job, as I am considering immigration anyways. On my previous wp I was working in only one job( because of the nature of the "normal" wp), you are kind of a "slave" to your employer I found. I have to say that I have researched a lot and know a lot more now, than I did when I was over the first time.
I would like to find out what part of Canada I would like to settle in, having only seen a part of Canada( Southwestern ON, specifically London that is).
Think Canada has a lot to offer.

Where have you gone when you went on your WHV?
Just Vancouver and BC? Or did you visit other parts and provinces of the country too?

Guess you liked it alot since you are going back for a second time, eh?:-)
Can you go back a second time with BUNAC?
Would like to know your experiences just pm me if you like!
When I was on my WHV I spent the winter working in a ski resort in southeastern BC, and then in the Spring headed to Vancouver. I also had 2 nights in Calgary, 1 night on Vancouver Island, a day in Seattle, and a week in Ontario. Lack of $$$ prevented any further jaunts unfortunately. However, I had previously been on holiday to Canada and went to Ottawa, Quebec City etc then. There's so much still to see though!

My first WHV was a student one as I did it straight after university; if I go back on a WHV again it will be under the non-student option. I found it a great experience, going on holiday only tells you so much whereas living and working there you learn much more about everyday life and are better prepared for the tough day to day hardships. No blinkers here!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=adele]

When I was on my WHV I spent the winter working in a ski resort in southeastern BC, and then in the Spring headed to Vancouver. I also had 2 nights in Calgary, 1 night on Vancouver Island, a day in Seattle, and a week in Ontario. Lack of $$$ prevented any further jaunts unfortunately. However, I had previously been on holiday to Canada and went to Ottawa, Quebec City etc then. There's so much still to see though!

My first WHV was a student one as I did it straight after university; if I go back on a WHV again it will be under the non-student option. I found it a great experience, going on holiday only tells you so much whereas living and working there you learn much more about everyday life and are better prepared for the tough day to day hardships. No blinkers here!
Hi, thanks for your quick reply,

I try to "avoid" the "normal" life there, as I already experienced that, I wanna see smth different from the first time I was there. Being able to work in different locations is a big thing I think.
Where do you wanna go on your 2nd WHV?
Maybe to some of the more "exotic places" like the Yukon Territory? Or to one of the Maritime provinces?
Have you studied in Canada too? Or just in the UK?
I am considering doing a few courses when I am over there on my WHV, but it costs crazy $$$$ for international students, so that might prevent me from doing that.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: WHV from Germany 2006

Have you studied in Canada too? Or just in the UK?
I am considering doing a few courses when I am over there on my WHV, but it costs crazy $$$$ for international students, so that might prevent me from doing that.
I did my degree in the UK - you can't study whilst on a WHV, you'd need a study permit to do that. And as you point out, it's an expensive option. I fell in love with Vancouver so I would probably head back there, I know it's 'normal', but I miss it so much. I hope to travel more though, Montreal is on my 'to see' list, as is Nova Scotia (to see the 'other' Halifax - I live really near the British one!).
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adele
I did my degree in the UK - you can't study whilst on a WHV, you'd need a study permit to do that. And as you point out, it's an expensive option. I fell in love with Vancouver so I would probably head back there, I know it's 'normal', but I miss it so much. I hope to travel more though, Montreal is on my 'to see' list, as is Nova Scotia (to see the 'other' Halifax - I live really near the British one!).
I know I would have to get a study permit, but then I am thinking I would waste my WHV, if I was to go there and study during my "WHV time", but it is an option.
Lots of ppl fall in love with Vancouver from what I have heard, looks like a word class city in a really good spot with an ocean and mountains on the other side!
Montreal and Halifax are two cities I really wanna visit too, have heard nothing but good things about them, especially about the hospitality of the East Coast!
Seems like all the city/town names have originated from the UK, London, ON has the river the Thames, Victoria Park, and so on.....