WHP -----> PR

Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Galacticos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHP -----> PR

I have a job, i have an apartment, i have everything a normal tax paying canadian has, and im being fully legit.....

So at what point during being on a WHP can i apply for PR, will i have to wait until i leave and then apply, or can i get the ball rolling by applying while i'm already here??
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHP -----> PR

What's a WHP? A Working Holiday Visa? What is the job, what province are you in, and when does the visa expire?

Chances are you'll need to get a LMO/TWP before you can apply for PR, it would be rare to be able to apply for PR from a WHV.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:41 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What's a WHP?
I was going to ask the same question but thought I might appear daft

Glad you don't know either, that now makes two of us
Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:52 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Galacticos
I have a job, i have an apartment, i have everything a normal tax paying canadian has, and im being fully legit.....

So at what point during being on a WHP can i apply for PR, will i have to wait until i leave and then apply, or can i get the ball rolling by applying while i'm already here??
Because the WHP is designed for people to get a years experience of living in a country, not as an immigration route. You would need to go through the full immigration process, job on the list, get a WP for a job (requires LMO), maybe look at CEC.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
I was going to ask the same question but thought I might appear daft

Glad you don't know either, that now makes two of us
Ah see, I don't care if I look daft. Wouldn't want to confuse you all by suddenly appearing intelligent.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

depends really which province as well..

MB allows WH Visa owner to apply for PNP if they have been working 6 months and stay with same employer f/t permanent
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by manitobain
depends really which province as well..
That's why I asked the question.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

lol..I did figure..but hey..now 2 of us asking the same question...we might get an answer?