Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:36 am
  #16  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 16
rest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Hi Steve and Linda,

Thanks for the update. Looking at the time line of other applicant, it seems London CIC take between 4 to12 weeks to issue the PPR. Try the link below:
http://www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp TOPIC_ID=13921&whichpage=1

I am sure we will get the PPR soon.
Cheers,

rest
rest is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:51 am
  #17  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Cumbria
Posts: 68
Steve and Linda will become famous soon enoughSteve and Linda will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Hi rest
Thanks for the link. You shouldn't be too much longer before PPR. When did you first apply (if you can remember that far back!) Which part of the UK are you from? It's quite amazing how many people are leaving the UK, our doctor was saying last month that he had 3 of his patients from near our village who were leaving.
Steve and Linda is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:19 am
  #18  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 288
BC Hopefuls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Hi Folks,

Our meds were sent in on July 28th, but we are still waiting for the updated police reports to be returned to us so we can send those to CIC. I guess nothing is going to happen for us until they arrive.

Have you guys got your details on this web site? http://www.emigrationstory.com/tl_sw_l_04.htm
BC Hopefuls is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:10 pm
  #19  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 16
rest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Originally Posted by reddeb32
Sorry guys - sold our house so haven't had chance to come on here for a few days. Good news though - PPR came this morning !!!!!! Timeline as follows:

AOR - 19th July 2004
Delay letter - 9th Jan 2006
Request for updated info (Police checks and photos) - 5th April 2006
Info sent to CHC - 23rd May 2006
Medical Requests received - 31st May 2006
Had medicals - 29th June 2006
Medical results arrive at CHC - 19th July 2006
Passport Requests received - 10th August 2006

Can't believe it is happening! House is sold - out of here on 25th Aug. Going on reccie trip to Nova Scotia on 21st Sept.
I need a drink!
Here's hoping for more PPR's - good luck everyone! Let us know when you get the good news.

Debs
Congratulations Deb, It was fantastic to read. Enjoy your beer till last drop. What are your plans?
Cheers
rest is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:22 pm
  #20  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 16
rest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Originally Posted by Steve and Linda
Hi rest
Thanks for the link. You shouldn't be too much longer before PPR. When did you first apply (if you can remember that far back!) Which part of the UK are you from? It's quite amazing how many people are leaving the UK, our doctor was saying last month that he had 3 of his patients from near our village who were leaving.
Welcome Steve and Linda,

Wait for PPR is not longer but getting impatient, I had sent my medicals report on 16th July 06. Hope to receive at the earliest. Dear, I am an Indian by virtue of staying at Middle East I have applied to London CIC in early Dec 03.

With regards
rest
rest is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2006, 11:22 pm
  #21  
...in these shoes?
 
ellsie's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Campbell River, BC
Posts: 510
ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Originally Posted by reddeb32
Sorry guys - sold our house so haven't had chance to come on here for a few days. Good news though - PPR came this morning !!!!!! Timeline as follows:

AOR - 19th July 2004
Delay letter - 9th Jan 2006
Request for updated info (Police checks and photos) - 5th April 2006
Info sent to CHC - 23rd May 2006
Medical Requests received - 31st May 2006
Had medicals - 29th June 2006
Medical results arrive at CHC - 19th July 2006
Passport Requests received - 10th August 2006

Can't believe it is happening! House is sold - out of here on 25th Aug. Going on reccie trip to Nova Scotia on 21st Sept.
I need a drink!
Here's hoping for more PPR's - good luck everyone! Let us know when you get the good news.

Debs
Congratulations! I wish you the best of luck in your new life. We accepted an offer on our house today so cross your fingers for us that it goes well this time! How do you know when CHC receive the medicals? Do they contact you directly?
ellsie is offline  
Old Aug 11th 2006, 12:19 am
  #22  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: worcestershire
Posts: 64
reddeb32 has a spectacular aura aboutreddeb32 has a spectacular aura aboutreddeb32 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Originally Posted by ellsie
Congratulations! I wish you the best of luck in your new life. We accepted an offer on our house today so cross your fingers for us that it goes well this time! How do you know when CHC receive the medicals? Do they contact you directly?
Hi Ellsie,

Thank you for your message - congratulations on selling your house! There's a lot to think about but it is exciting!
The CHC didn't contact us when they received our medicals - we had a tracking number from the medical centre, so we tracked the parcel via the internet.

Good luck to you - I hope your new life gets off to a great start!

Deb
reddeb32 is offline  
Old Aug 11th 2006, 12:25 am
  #23  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: worcestershire
Posts: 64
reddeb32 has a spectacular aura aboutreddeb32 has a spectacular aura aboutreddeb32 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Originally Posted by rest
Congratulations Deb, It was fantastic to read. Enjoy your beer till last drop. What are your plans?
Cheers
Thanks for your congrats, Rest.

We plan to move in with parents for a while. Reccie trip in Sept - we're meeting settement people and realtors. Hubby is also meeting with a lady at the Maritime Drilling school to find out more about jobs in the oil and gas industry. He is also applying for other jobs.

Ideally, we would love to be able to move out there with one of us having a job, but we'll take it one day at a time. Once we're out of the house we can concentrate more on Canada again and try to hit the ground running - we're lucky to have a bit of breathing space by staying at parents. It feels like a great achievement but it's so surreal at the moment!

Going out tonight to celebrate hubby's b'day, house sale and PPR so we'll enjoy that drink!!
reddeb32 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.