Who pays for flight home?

Old Sep 4th 2014, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Apeman1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who pays for flight home?

Hi,

Just finished a 2 year TWP, my work screwed up the replacement permits and are re-applying...in the meantime i would feel better going back to the UK and not screwing up my PR application by potentially over-staying, and it struck me...if i finished a full 2 years, does my employer have to pay for my ticket home. I heard this but so far have heard no official confirmation of this.

Anyone know?

Apeman
Old Sep 4th 2014, 4:46 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who pays for flight home?

Originally Posted by Apeman1
Hi,

Just finished a 2 year TWP, my work screwed up the replacement permits and are re-applying...in the meantime i would feel better going back to the UK and not screwing up my PR application by potentially over-staying, and it struck me...if i finished a full 2 years, does my employer have to pay for my ticket home. I heard this but so far have heard no official confirmation of this.

Anyone know?

Apeman
Do they have to? Do you have a contract that says they do? The likelihood is that once you walk out of your employers door, how you get home is your own problem - why would it be anything else?
Old Sep 4th 2014, 5:22 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by R I C H
Do they have to? Do you have a contract that says they do? The likelihood is that once you walk out of your employers door, how you get home is your own problem - why would it be anything else?
Except the return airfare is requirement for NOC C/D TFWs recruited from overseas.

Transportation Costs

When hiring a foreign worker under the Stream for Lower-skilled Occupations, you must always pay the round trip transportation costs for the foreign worker to travel to the location of work in Canada and return to his/her country of permanent residence. These costs cannot be passed on to the foreign worker (i.e., the worker pays for transportation costs and is reimbursed at a later date). Under no circumstances are transportation costs recoverable from the foreign worker.

Last edited by PMM; Sep 4th 2014 at 5:25 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 5:30 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Except the return airfare is requirement for NOC C/D TFWs recruited from overseas.
Ahh, gotcha
Old Sep 4th 2014, 6:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Anyone know?

Apeman
Welcome to BE!

Unless your TWP has expired already, the easiest thing would be to change to visitor status either by mail or online prior to your TWP expiring, then you won't be in an overstay situation.

Have you got PER for your PR application? If you have, look into the bridging open work permit.

As your post is to do with immigration, I have moved it to that forum.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 4:20 am
Just Joined

I have already applied for an extention that got refused, and am now in the 90 day period where I can apply for resumption of status...I know it will be refused as my employer sat on the new LMOs for 4 months (in someones desk drawer) then issued them not knowing they had a use by date so am not even applying....some managed to use these documents when CIC didn't notice...I got the border agent who was awake, and got refused. They have applied for new lmos ("don't worry we will have them in 4-6 weeks") but rather than sit here not working...as I am right now, thought I could wait in the UK and combine it with a holiday back home so to speak and even take a temporary job....and as my employer screwed up thought I could maybe "encourage" them to cover my costs home....if it's only for NOC C/D then it's no go I'm a B, ah well wait another 30 days then get a cheap flight home methinks.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 4:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I have already applied for an extention that got refused, and am now in the 90 day period where I can apply for resumption of status...I know it will be refused as my employer sat on the new LMOs for 4 months (in someones desk drawer) then issued them not knowing they had a use by date so am not even applying....some managed to use these documents when CIC didn't notice...I got the border agent who was awake, and got refused. They have applied for new lmos ("don't worry we will have them in 4-6 weeks") but rather than sit here not working...as I am right now, thought I could wait in the UK and combine it with a holiday back home so to speak and even take a temporary job....and as my employer screwed up thought I could maybe "encourage" them to cover my costs home....if it's only for NOC C/D then it's no go I'm a B, ah well wait another 30 days then get a cheap flight home methinks.
Have you applied for PR? If you have, under which stream did you apply and at when?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 5:30 am
Just Joined

No i have not applied as my wife and me split up here, she found a Canadian more appealing than me. And have had to wait to submit as a single applicant, and in fact have just completed the year required in my province for submission of divorce papers...in fact probably the last thing i do before getting on the plane is submitting my PR app....My stream will be CEC, hence me wanting to submit before it all changes in Jan.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Actually can anyone help with this...if my wife has a valid lmo and we are seperated (not legally)...can i use her spouse open visa, bearing in mind when we landed she used my spouse visa and i have now been left destitute (so to speak Im asking as im grabbing at straws, obivously she does not consent to it, but again the "grapevine" is saying she can't stop me claiming it as we are still legally married?.

We do live at seperate addresses, if this seem like what planet are you on, a collegue had the same thing in reverse, and his wife claimed his spouse permit without his consent, and he told me my ex-wife cannot stop me claiming it as we are legally married?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 5:51 am
Just Joined

I've just spoken to the CIC callcentre...very helpful, I can stay for the full 90 days they give for a restoration of status application if required..legally..as long as i leave by the 90th day if I have no LMO or some other legal means to stay in the country.

Okay now breathe
Old Sep 5th 2014, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's great news, congratulations!