Who fills in the receipt?

Old Oct 24th 2012, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Reevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant future
Default Who fills in the receipt?

Hello fellow Brits,

Can somebody out there tell me who fills in the receipt for the outland application for spousal sponsorship?

Thank you, I shall now go back into my hovel and continue filling in the application.

reevo
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who fills in the receipt?

The person paying the fees is supposed to fill in the receipt.

You can write: y (sponsoring z) on there however if y, the person paying the fees, is not the person applying for permanent residence. Now I suppose you want to know whose date of birth goes on the receipt. It can be either, but I would usually put the applicant's date of birth there and write their name in parentheses above.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

I think I filled it out with the sponsor's info, i.e. my husband, since we paid with his credit card, but I think I possibly put my own name down on it too.

If my GCMS notes are anything to go by, all parts of the payment get recorded on your GCMS file at the time that the sponsor is being assessed/approved so it's probably unlikely to get separated from the rest of the application prior to it being recorded. I guess the names will ensure it can be matched up if it does get separated, and I would imagine either name would allow them to do so, so it possibly might not matter too much.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

It only really matters if there is a refund of fees and you care who gets it.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Reevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant future

Thanks guys, we have a joint account. We will put my husbands details down as I have joined his account.

Cheers