Who else is waiting for TWP

Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:47 am
Account Closed

TheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really nice
Default Who else is waiting for TWP

Hi all

I know a couple of the forum members are like me and are waiting patiently for London to process our WP. It was suggested that applicants applying under the Atlantic program were fast tracked but I just think that they applied in a very quiet period and were just extremely lucky.

Typically it seems I’ve applied in a busy period as it has gone from 3 to 4 and now 6 weeks. I would like to say the waiting time is easy but it is killing, as a family you’re stuck in limbo as you can’t book flights etc. When the kids ask constantly when are we going how long is it going to be ....
it is like being stuck in a car when your kids continually ask “are we there yet”

Anyone else in this long process of waiting for that all important email arriving really soon

Cheers
Old Mar 14th 2018, 5:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is waiting for TWP

Very few on the forum will be waiting for a TWP, as most just get it at the airport when they arrive (I know that's not an option for you).

But 6 weeks is still quite quick, usual processing time via London is 8-10 weeks for a TWP, it seems to have sped up recently. Not ever seen the processing time at 3-4 weeks though? CIC website says 6 weeks now.

So hopefully it won't be too much longer, good luck.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about

It dropped down to 4-5 weeks a couple of weeks ago, but mostly it's been 6 weeks (I was looking at it for the wrong reasons lol)
Old Mar 14th 2018, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

TheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Very few on the forum will be waiting for a TWP, as most just get it at the airport when they arrive (I know that's not an option for you).

But 6 weeks is still quite quick, usual processing time via London is 8-10 weeks for a TWP, it seems to have sped up recently. Not ever seen the processing time at 3-4 weeks though? CIC website says 6 weeks now.

So hopefully it won't be too much longer, good luck.
Thank you Christmasoompa, I feel a bit better now knowing 6 weeks is faster than it could be. Yeah when I submitted mine in February it was saying 4 weeks. I will have to be more patient haha.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

AdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond repute

We applied the week before Christmas and got it back within 4 weeks. The wait was painful and like you I had the kids asking when we were moving. To make matters worse we had sole our house so were sofa surfing with the kids in tow. It wasn't fun! Once we got the email though we were on the plane a week later and haven't looked back.

One option is to speak to your company, they will have a designated rep who can help push things along if they are going slowly. That's what I did and had a response the very next day.

Where are you heading?
Old Mar 19th 2018, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AdamPiercy
We applied the week before Christmas and got it back within 4 weeks. The wait was painful and like you I had the kids asking when we were moving. To make matters worse we had sole our house so were sofa surfing with the kids in tow. It wasn't fun! Once we got the email though we were on the plane a week later and haven't looked back.

One option is to speak to your company, they will have a designated rep who can help push things along if they are going slowly. That's what I did and had a response the very next day.

Where are you heading?
Thanks AdamPiercy I’ve contacted my employer to ask the question , were off to PEI we sold our house last year currently were in rented, we are so please we did it that way. As soon as I’ve got my email I will be putting my notice in and will be booking my flight, although my wife and kids aren’t coming over until early June. Did your kids get a visitor record at POE so they can go to school?
Old Mar 19th 2018, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

AdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheNorms
Thanks AdamPiercy I’ve contacted my employer to ask the question , were off to PEI we sold our house last year currently were in rented, we are so please we did it that way. As soon as I’ve got my email I will be putting my notice in and will be booking my flight, although my wife and kids aren’t coming over until early June. Did your kids get a visitor record at POE so they can go to school?
Yes, whilst you can't get a WP at POE, your wife and kids can. That's what we did with no issues.

PEI is beautiful. Good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Yes, whilst you can't get a WP at POE, your wife and kids can. That's what we did with no issues.

PEI is beautiful. Good luck.
Thanks, where are you?

I’m looking at flight options, either fly direct to Halifax NS where I will pick up my hire car or go to PEI via Toronto as I understand you can get your SIN at Toronto at the same time as the WP. It looks like a lot go via Toronto.

Cheers
Old Mar 20th 2018, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

We are in Halifax, NS. Love it here.

We flew into Toronto and stayed in a hotel by the airport to break up the flight for the kids. We didn't get our SIN at the airport but you can, the kids were too tired by then and you have to wait awhile to get seen by immigration at the airport. Getting a SIN though isn't hard. We just went a few days later to get it sorted at a Service Canada place.

Flights to Halifax are crazy expensive if flying direct with AirCanada (though WestJet will be flying direct from London during the summer far cheaper than AirCanada).

It is an exciting yet crazy busy time once the WP drops on the mat. It will help coming out on your own for sure, I wish we had done that in hindsight. Thankfully, two months in we are about to move into our new home and the kids are settled in school.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

We are in Halifax, NS. Love it here.

We flew into Toronto and stayed in a hotel by the airport to break up the flight for the kids. We didn't get our SIN at the airport but you can, the kids were too tired by then and you have to wait awhile to get seen by immigration at the airport. Getting a SIN though isn't hard. We just went a few days later to get it sorted at a Service Canada place.

Flights to Halifax are crazy expensive if flying direct with AirCanada (though WestJet will be flying direct from London during the summer far cheaper than AirCanada).

It is an exciting yet crazy busy time once the WP drops on the mat. It will help coming out on your own for sure, I wish we had done that in hindsight. Thankfully, two months in we are about to move into our new home and the kids are settled in school.
Yeah some aircanada flights are £1,500 + I will stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks until I’ve passed my truck licence again! Then I will be on the road in USA/Canada. It will give me chance to adjust and get to know my way round the island a little.
My wife isn’t keen on staying in the U.K. and traveling on her own with kids and a dog but our house isn’t ready until mid to late May and holiday rentals are just so expensive for that length of time.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 9:36 am
Account Closed

Where are you heading?
Spoke with my company and they got the representative to chase but they haven’t had any luck. When I submitted my WP application the processing time was 4 weeks. I’m now 6 weeks in but the processing time keeps going up! It’s now at 8 weeks. I’ve been talking to a family in UAE and the processing time for them was 22 weeks but they had the WP approved in 4 weeks! Feel absolutely frustrated as the goal post keeps moving!
Old Apr 5th 2018, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheNorms
Spoke with my company and they got the representative to chase but they haven’t had any luck. When I submitted my WP application the processing time was 4 weeks. I’m now 6 weeks in but the processing time keeps going up! It’s now at 8 weeks. I’ve been talking to a family in UAE and the processing time for them was 22 weeks but they had the WP approved in 4 weeks! Feel absolutely frustrated as the goal post keeps moving!
It is frustrating for sure, but remember that the processing time stated is for new applications and is a rounded average.
Someone else on these boards has been waiting about two months but got theirs back this week. It will drop very soon, have faith. The wait is worth it.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 11:15 am
Account Closed

It is frustrating for sure, but remember that the processing time stated is for new applications and is a rounded average.
Someone else on these boards has been waiting about two months but got theirs back this week. It will drop very soon, have faith. The wait is worth it.
Thanks AdamPiercy, we did think the current time would be for new applications, I’ve never been so obsessed with checking my emails 😅
Old Apr 5th 2018, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sorry for jumping on this thread my husband is going through an ICT does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the TWP letter of approval to come through. The Canadian side of the company are doing all the paperwork through their immigration lawyers. So we are at their mercy and as time ticks on we and the kids are getting abit fidgety. ( We are aware that we can apply at POE but my husband would like the security of knowing that when we land it will be a straight forward process)
Old Apr 5th 2018, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
Hi sorry for jumping on this thread my husband is going through an ICT does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the TWP letter of approval to come through. The Canadian side of the company are doing all the paperwork through their immigration lawyers. So we are at their mercy and as time ticks on we and the kids are getting abit fidgety. ( We are aware that we can apply at POE but my husband would like the security of knowing that when we land it will be a straight forward process)
I have been waiting 6 weeks so far, how about you? Unfortunately we are in the hands of London. I can’t apply at POE as I’m going over on the Atlantic immigration program. so I have no option but to wait for London.

It’s so frustrating as you are in limbo, our kids are the same it’s getting to them a bit now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.