Who is the best?

Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road
Default Who is the best?

Hi Everyone,

Just who is the best when it come to agents? I always thought Warren Green took some beating & was all set for him. However I did hear some horror story which I cant really go into here.

Then the other choice was Andrew Miller, he came well recommended, but then having spoke to several people that have used him, they say he doesn't always reply to emails!

It really does seem an awful lot of money to me for tons of hassle! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying I just want a decent job doing. the last thing I want to do his pay someone & still get nothing but headaches, or at worst half a job done, & then have to finish it myself after having paid huge consultancy fee's. Id love to hear from anyone who has had a smooth transition when using an agent, & more importantly who the agent was?

I'd still like to hear from you even if you used Miller or Green, Good or Bad! If you want to PM me because its a little sensitive that would be fine. After all £2 to 4k is alot of money to spend on an agent so what I'd like to
know is

"Just who is the best?"

Cheers all, & thanks for reading.

Gary
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is the best?

Originally Posted by grthespark
Hi Everyone,

Just who is the best when it come to agents? I always thought Warren Green took some beating & was all set for him. However I did hear some horror story which I cant really go into here.

Then the other choice was Andrew Miller, he came well recommended, but then having spoke to several people that have used him, they say he doesn't always reply to emails!

It really does seem an awful lot of money to me for tons of hassle! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying I just want a decent job doing. the last thing I want to do his pay someone & still get nothing but headaches, or at worst half a job done, & then have to finish it myself after having paid huge consultancy fee's. Id love to hear from anyone who has had a smooth transition when using an agent, & more importantly who the agent was?

I'd still like to hear from you even if you used Miller or Green, Good or Bad! If you want to PM me because its a little sensitive that would be fine. After all £2 to 4k is alot of money to spend on an agent so what I'd like to
know is

"Just who is the best?"

Gary

Hiya Gary

We havent used anyone - gone on a WP and employer appointed an immigration guy for us.

I havent heard anything bad said about Andrew and I believe he does a fab job on here as our Immigration expert - all free of charge !!

Maybe some people dont like how straight and to the point that Andrew is - its either black or white he doesnt believe in grey areas.

Gaynor
x
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hiya Gary

We havent used anyone - gone on a WP and employer appointed an immigration guy for us.

I havent heard anything bad said about Andrew and I believe he does a fab job on here as our Immigration expert - all free of charge !!

Maybe some people dont like how straight and to the point that Andrew is - its either black or white he doesnt believe in grey areas.

Gaynor
x
Hiya Gaynor,

Many Thanks for your reply. Yeah I have heard that too "He's straight to the point" which to be honest I'd rather have it that way, at least you know where your at especially as this is so important & as you say its "Free" A nice word in life that always seems to catch the Human eye

Just that after a meet up last weekend with some great people from the forum, I did here his name mentioned that he did not reply to e-mails & it was really frustrating as it was rather an important issue.

Also I did read a thread on here a couple of weeks ago with exactly the same issue!

I do take your point though Gaynor Just out of curiosity who are you using? If at all, & what do you think of them?

All the best

Gary

Last edited by grthespark; Jul 12th 2007 at 2:31 am. Reason: Doh! Sorry Gaynor is been along day I just noticed you have answered my question already ( Not Used Anyone )
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:07 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I found that the best value for money was a combination of BE & me! Cost $0 plus a bit of stress every now and again.

If you feel you need an agent, then Andrew Miller has always come up trumps with any questions I've posted on here. No idea about the email thing, but he's always quick to respond on here so can't imagine he doesn't reply to emails....
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:23 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Personally I found that the best value for money was a combination of BE & me! Cost $0 plus a bit of stress every now and again.

If you feel you need an agent, then Andrew Miller has always come up trumps with any questions I've posted on here. No idea about the email thing, but he's always quick to respond on here so can't imagine he doesn't reply to emails....
Beat me to it, almost word for word Rob.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Gaynor,

Many Thanks for your reply. Yeah I have heard that too "He's straight to the point" which to be honest I'd rather have it that way, at least you know where your at especially as this is so important & as you say its "Free" A nice word in life that always seems to catch the Human eye

Just that after a meet up last weekend with some great people from the forum, I did here his name mentioned that he did not reply to e-mails & it was really frustrating as it was rather an important issue.

Also I did read a thread on here a couple of weeks ago with exactly the same issue!

I do take your point though Gaynor Just out of curiosity who are you using? If at all, & what do you think of them?

All the best

Gary
Phils WP was done by a firm in Lethbridge Alberta - when I get there in a few weeks then the PR application gets put in. To be honest I think that we will do the PR and as others have said if I get stuck just ask on here.

My motto for BE is that someone somewhere will always know what you need to know

gaynor
x
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone,

know is

"Just who is the best?"

Gary
Hi Gary,

We used Abrams & Krochak in Toronto. They are immigration lawyers and were very good. They always replied to any query within 1 working day, Their fees were reasonable and they held our hands all the way.

The least you could do is have a look at what they offer.

Simon & Laura
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simon876
Hi Gary,

We used Abrams & Krochak in Toronto. They are immigration lawyers and were very good. They always replied to any query within 1 working day, Their fees were reasonable and they held our hands all the way.

The least you could do is have a look at what they offer.

Simon & Laura
Hi Simon & Laura,

Thank you for getting back to me. That sounds like music to my ears! All positive & good response.

Could I be cheeky & ask you for their details please? If you want you can mail me direct if you wish.

[email protected]

Cheers & thanks again

Gary
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Hi Gary
not sure if you've got the info but Abrams & Krochak's website is
http://http://www.akcanada.com/

cheers, Kristi
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thundercat600
Hi Gary
not sure if you've got the info but Abrams & Krochak's website is
http://http://www.akcanada.com/

cheers, Kristi
Hi Kristi,

Thanks for replying & Thank you for the link. Simon 876 recommended these too! Or are you one of the same?

Thanks anyway

Cheers

Gary