Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

White like the true north of the arctic planes......

Wikiposts

White like the true north of the arctic planes......

Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:29 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default White like the true north of the arctic planes......

..........was the small envelope I pulled out of the back of my mailbox this morning with a beautifully sky-blue stamp of a maple leaf.

Picture me out of my rocking chair as I read on it the words “The Canadian Embassy, Berlin� my back straightening, with hand on heart and tears shooting to my eyes and from my mouth pouring involuntarily the words:
"O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee."
OOOOKay, perhaps I was overdoing it a little bit, especially since all the letter contained was the receipt for my ROLF, (Don’t want to know what the neighbors thought of me standing there like that)

But the overwhelming beauty of the envelope (now enshrined under Macrolon in a frame on my living room wall) had taken me and the knowledge that Berlin station still exists, is alive and operating gives me hope.

The last sign of life I had received from the letter I sent on the dangerous mission to reach my case officer and be correctly associated to my file 2 weeks ago was the Fedex note that it had reached the door of the embassy and had been signed for. (The letter contained my PCCs from both FBI and RCMP as well as my ROLF internet payment printout)

I had little hope of ever knowing, if it would make it through the vast corridors of the building, past all the multitude of obstacles like paper eating moose’s, slits behind cabinets, sleepy Monday morning in-house mail clerks,…. to reach its final destination. THE CASE OFFICER. Where it was to master the most critical and dangerous phase of its quest. Would he/she even take note of it, would he/she recognize its significance and last would he/she associate it with the right file, with MY file.

In a great leap of faith I had dropped this poor letter into the great unknown, without ever hoping to hear from it again. But now I know:

ALL IS WELL

A message especially to you NSP and all my other brethren in hope, BERLIN STATION IS ALIVE!!!!

Last edited by mhhp; Mar 6th 2005 at 11:12 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:00 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Default Re: White like the true north of the arctic planes......

Wow,
That sounds like a real adventure you faced there. I have heard of these paper eating Mooses in Canda but didnt realise that they had them in their offices in other countries. Do you know if they are bred in each individual county or shipped over here - asuming that they must need a huge rabies shot for those working in Britton.

Another thought springs to mind - is there some flavour that Mooses don't like? this way you could coat your forms and letters in such a flavour thus avoiding distruction from the paper eating Mooses.

[QUOTE=mhhp]..........was the small envelope I pulled out of the back of my mailbox this morning with a beautifully sky-blue stamp of a maple leaf.

I had little hope of ever knowing, if it would make it through the vast corridors of the building, past all the multitude of obstacles like paper eating moose’s, slits behind cabinets, sleepy Monday morning in-house mail clerks,…. to reach its final destination. THE CASE OFFICER. Where it was to master the most critical and dangerous phase of its quest. Would he/she even take note of it, would he/she recognize its significance and last would he/she associate it with the right file, with MY file.

In a great leap of faith I had dropped this poor letter into the great unknown, without ever hoping to hear from it again. But now I know:
Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:08 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mhhp
..........was the small envelope I pulled out of the back of my mailbox this morning with a beautifully sky-blue stamp of a maple leaf.
Most Excellent! Lol!
Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:36 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Covenant
Most Excellent! Lol!
Thanks guys, and btw. Cov. the reference of the sleepy monday morning mail clerk to your current avatar was purely coincidential. but that dog possibly working at CIC is something I am mortally afraid of

Last edited by mhhp; Mar 6th 2005 at 11:38 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:57 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, and btw. Cov. the reference of the sleepy monday morning mail clerk to your current avatar was purely coincidential. but that dog possibly working at CIC is something I am mortally afraid of
Lol! I had a blond moment earlier today and saw a post that said that the pass mark was 67, so I thought s..t, I needed 75..... I really need to get a life beyond the internet.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 12:09 am
keep checking....

Originally Posted by Covenant
Lol! I had a blond moment earlier today and saw a post that said that the pass mark was 67, so I thought s..t, I needed 75..... I really need to get a life beyond the internet.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled...-passmark.html

Bet you cant resist this link then

Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

OMGoddess~~~~~~~~ what trial and tribulations you faced this morn. Going to the mail box will never be the same for me again.

~*~**~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~
And now i presume all of that was GREAT news for you!?
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:56 am
keep checking....

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
OMGoddess~~~~~~~~ what trial and tribulations you faced this morn. Going to the mail box will never be the same for me again.

~*~**~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~
And now i presume all of that was GREAT news for you!?
LOL

It was good news

Thanks for your compassion, and yes my mailbox and I have had a special relationship ever since I submitted
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:44 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

LOL

It was good news

Thanks for your compassion, and yes my mailbox and I have had a special relationship ever since I submitted
Good to see that your application is making some head-way. Do you have a special relationship with the mail-person?
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:41 am
nsp
Forum Regular

nsp will become famous soon enoughnsp will become famous soon enough

Hi Sir mhhp

Just wondering why now you sent in ROLF, you don't have to pay this til you get your visa right? Also we sent in our police certs with our original application way back in June, I didn't know it was possible to send them in later, did CIC Berlin ask for updated ones and/or the ROLF payment? Just curious!

Does sending in ROLF speed up the process, if so they can have ours!

Picture me out of my rocking chair as I read on it the words “The Canadian Embassy, Berlin� my back straightening, with hand on heart and tears shooting to my eyes and from my mouth pouring involuntarily the words:
"O Canada!

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

God keep our land glorious and free!

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee."
OOOOKay, perhaps I was overdoing it a little bit, especially since all the letter contained was the receipt for my ROLF, (Don’t want to know what the neighbors thought of me standing there like that)

But the overwhelming beauty of the envelope (now enshrined under Macrolon in a frame on my living room wall) had taken me and the knowledge that Berlin station still exists, is alive and operating gives me hope.

The last sign of life I had received from the letter I sent on the dangerous mission to reach my case officer and be correctly associated to my file 2 weeks ago was the Fedex note that it had reached the door of the embassy and had been signed for. (The letter contained my PCCs from both FBI and RCMP as well as my ROLF internet payment printout)

ALL IS WELL

A message especially to you NSP and all my other brethren in hope, BERLIN STATION IS ALIVE!!!!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:11 am
keep checking....

Originally Posted by nsp
Hi Sir mhhp

Just wondering why now you sent in ROLF, you don't have to pay this til you get your visa right? Also we sent in our police certs with our original application way back in June, I didn't know it was possible to send them in later, did CIC Berlin ask for updated ones and/or the ROLF payment? Just curious!

Does sending in ROLF speed up the process, if so they can have ours!
Hi NSP

Thought this post would catch your attention

Berlin allows for the long lead PCCs (FBI and RCMP) to be sent in later. So you are able to file your application to start the ball rolling and hand those in afterwards, to save you some time. I applied for RCMP first and the FBI 2 months later, hoping that they would then arrive around the same time so I can send them in together.

As for the ROLF my understanding is that it is asked for before you recieve PPR and that you can shave a couple weeks off by submitting it before they ask (at least take it out of the critical path by pulling it up front). The other thought I had was that the less transactions I have with CIC (ie. the less envelopes I send to them) the less complicated the file will be for the officer and the less likely it is for something to go wrong or get lost (same reason for timing RCMP and FBI so they could be submitted together).

It turns out that submitting ROLF and adding the transaction sheet to a letter is also an excellent method of tracking, that your letter actually arrived and was correctly associated with your file.

So in your case I would probably submit the ROLF when you have the next interaction with CIC, which means either with additional documents should CIC request some or hopefully after recieving your "no interview, go do your medicals and your off" letter (on April 15th )

Last edited by mhhp; Mar 8th 2005 at 2:14 am.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:02 am
nsp
Forum Regular

nsp will become famous soon enoughnsp will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a good plan, will think about sending in ROLF with next correspondence. I had a dream last night that we received a white envelope with the bluemaple leaf stamp, I think your post yesterday must have triggered it

E-Client only changes from 'we started processing your application on [ ]' to 'Medicals Received' after you send them in right????? So we know for sure that it will say the same thing every single day until we receive our meds request and send them to Berlin........I used to check my e-client in the vain hope it would say anything different/new, now the fun has been taken out of it mad:

Nonetheless I'm afraid to boycott e-client for fear that your theory is correct, I reckon its safer to keep checking

Hi NSP

Thought this post would catch your attention

Berlin allows for the long lead PCCs (FBI and RCMP) to be sent in later. So you are able to file your application to start the ball rolling and hand those in afterwards, to save you some time. I applied for RCMP first and the FBI 2 months later, hoping that they would then arrive around the same time so I can send them in together.

As for the ROLF my understanding is that it is asked for before you recieve PPR and that you can shave a couple weeks off by submitting it before they ask (at least take it out of the critical path by pulling it up front). The other thought I had was that the less transactions I have with CIC (ie. the less envelopes I send to them) the less complicated the file will be for the officer and the less likely it is for something to go wrong or get lost (same reason for timing RCMP and FBI so they could be submitted together).

It turns out that submitting ROLF and adding the transaction sheet to a letter is also an excellent method of tracking, that your letter actually arrived and was correctly associated with your file.

So in your case I would probably submit the ROLF when you have the next interaction with CIC, which means either with additional documents should CIC request some or hopefully after recieving your "no interview, go do your medicals and your off" letter (on April 15th )
Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:36 am
keep checking....

Originally Posted by nsp
Sounds like a good plan, will think about sending in ROLF with next correspondence. I had a dream last night that we received a white envelope with the bluemaple leaf stamp, I think your post yesterday must have triggered it

E-Client only changes from 'we started processing your application on [ ]' to 'Medicals Received' after you send them in right????? So we know for sure that it will say the same thing every single day until we receive our meds request and send them to Berlin........I used to check my e-client in the vain hope it would say anything different/new, now the fun has been taken out of it mad:

Nonetheless I'm afraid to boycott e-client for fear that your theory is correct, I reckon its safer to keep checking
You got it! no use taking any risks!

And yes, we do share the same dreams
Old Mar 8th 2005, 11:07 am
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future

O Canada!

Hey mhhp! Well done! I think I heard you all the way over here, singing that refrain...

have you heard about the movement to change that line to:
"True patriot love, in all of us command."?

On Int'l Women's Day, not a bad idea I'm thinkin'.

Here's to many more envelopes coming your way! I hope your mail carrier gets tiiiiiirrrrrred.

whm
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

dawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nsp
the bluemaple leaf stamp
Well that's done it...who ever thought of a BLUE Maple Leaf?!?!?! What has happened to my country since I left?????? Do I really want to go back??? Can I cope with the changes????

MHHP...you do make me laugh...thanks for that!! I think I have to give you karma for that and I can not WAIT for your approval...that posting will be one to be enshrined for all to cherish!!!

I'm told I have to spread the love..erm karma around before I can give you some...watch out folks...here I come

Last edited by dawnwynne; Mar 8th 2005 at 5:47 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.