Where to start?

Old Aug 21st 2020, 4:43 am
Just Joined

vs25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to start?

Hi all,
My wife and I have decided to move to Ontario on a perm basis. Have a 2 year old and currently I work in investment banking and wife has a small business. We are super excited to be taking this big step as we both like Canada but having read through some stuff online is it true that Express Entry is sort of ruled out if my age is 40? Im currently 38 but dont intend to pack up for another year or 2.
If Express Entry is diff then are there any other options we can look at?
Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2020, 5:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to start?

Originally Posted by vs25
Hi all,
My wife and I have decided to move to Ontario on a perm basis. Have a 2 year old and currently I work in investment banking and wife has a small business. We are super excited to be taking this big step as we both like Canada but having read through some stuff online is it true that Express Entry is sort of ruled out if my age is 40? Im currently 38 but dont intend to pack up for another year or 2.
If Express Entry is diff then are there any other options we can look at?
Thanks
Hello and welcome to BE!

So you would like to emigrate to Canada - the trick will be finding a way for you to do so.

You will lose points at every birthday - so the sooner you apply the better! Once you have been granted PR you can do a 'soft landing' then return to the UK (or where ever) for a year or two before relocating to Canada permanently.

I would recommend reading our most excellent Wiki about immigration - follow the steps outlined to obtain an idea of your EE points.. EE isn't the only option but it's the simplest - so determine what your points are for that then if they are on the low side you may have to look into obtaining a valid job offer or Provincial Sponsorship.. check out your CRS points (follow the guide by Christmasoompa in the wiki sction linked below) and post back when you have done so...
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick...an_Immigration

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 23rd 2020 at 5:30 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2020, 10:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, what she said. ^^^^

Check your FSW and CRS points as a first step, being 40 doesn't mean EE is ruled out, but it will depend on other factors such as your education level, your previous work experience, your language abilities etc. But take the points test and then you'll know for sure, let us know what you get and we can try and help you further.

Best of luck and welcome to BE.
Old Aug 24th 2020, 10:59 am
Just Joined

vs25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, thanks so much for your time. Much appreciated.
I will do my FSW and CRS points and revert back.

best
Vikram

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 26th 2020 at 8:01 pm. Reason: Reference to spammy post removed