Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Where to send an "Outland" Common Law Partner Visa Application?

Where to send an "Outland" Common Law Partner Visa Application?

Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

kellydunning is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to send an "Outland" Common Law Partner Visa Application?

Hi There,

It's Kelly again. I posted before regarding our situation:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...04#post9062904

and everyone here was very helpful. Now we have received the proper forms so that I (a Canadian citizen) can apply to sponsor my British common law partner, Lee. However, we are living in the UK at the moment, so it will be an "Outland" application. The address on the forms that it says to send them to is in Canada, but I assume that address is for people who are applying from within Canada. What I want to know is, for an Outland application do we send our forms to that address, or to the Canadian embassy in London?
If anyone has experience with this, or could point me to a website with the right address for us that would be great.
There is loads of information online for applying from within Canada but a lot less for those applying from abroad like us.

Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,
Kelly
Old Jan 29th 2011, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to send an "Outland" Common Law Partner Visa Application?

I'm going to be doing the same application as you in a few months time, and I believe that even if it is an outland application (which is what I will be doing, even though I am technically in Canada at the moment), you still have to send everything to Missisauga first off. It is there that they do the evaluation of you as the sponsor, and once that it verified they (not you) send the rest of your information back to London, UK for the rest of the process. I think it is the same if you are doing inland or outland app, it all goes to Missisauga first.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

send them to missisauga first. Once approved they will go to London visa office for processing.

MR79
Old Jan 29th 2011, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

kellydunning is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooh I see! Ok that clears everything up and it makes a lot more sense now.

Thank you so much for your help!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^^ as above - the whole package goes to mississauga

Ooops kelly, you responded as I posted -
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

And make sure you do your medical and get police certificates BEFORE you send it all off to CPC-M