Where to send my application????

Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

theDIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to send my application????

Hi All,

Im not quite sure where to send my visa application - can anyone help?

My Canadian wife is sponsiring me, and we both currently live in the UK. I thought I was to send the application to the Canadian Embassy in London, but Ive just read something on this page (http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/fc_e.htm) that states it must be sent to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.

Is this correct?

thanks
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:17 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to send my application????

Entire package with both applications (application to sponsor and your PR application) goes to CPC Mississauga first. After your wife is approved as a sponsor Mississauga will forward your PR application to CHC London.

Originally Posted by theDIV
Hi All,

Im not quite sure where to send my visa application - can anyone help?

My Canadian wife is sponsiring me, and we both currently live in the UK. I thought I was to send the application to the Canadian Embassy in London, but Ive just read something on this page (http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/fc_e.htm) that states it must be sent to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.

Is this correct?

thanks
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

thanks Andrew. Do you know if this means I should be able to pay my fees online using the CIC website?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 3:37 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Andrew. Do you know if this means I should be able to pay my fees online using the CIC website?
You should be able to, we did.
Good luck
Old Sep 27th 2005, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again for the feedback guys. Hope Im not being stupid here, but I have one more question.

I have arranged my medical in Glasgow, and am now filling out the "Appendix D Medical Instructions" form. One question it asks is what visa office will be processing the file. Now, my understanding is that, as it is a sponsorship application, my wife, who is my sponsor and currently living with me in the UK, is to send the application to Mississauga, Canada, who will then confirm whether or not she can sponsor me, and will then forward the application on to the London office for further processing.

My question is, where it asks what office will be processing the file, do I put the London office, or the one in Mississauga?

thanks again
Old Sep 27th 2005, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Thanks again for the feedback guys. Hope Im not being stupid here, but I have one more question.

I have arranged my medical in Glasgow, and am now filling out the "Appendix D Medical Instructions" form. One question it asks is what visa office will be processing the file. Now, my understanding is that, as it is a sponsorship application, my wife, who is my sponsor and currently living with me in the UK, is to send the application to Mississauga, Canada, who will then confirm whether or not she can sponsor me, and will then forward the application on to the London office for further processing.

My question is, where it asks what office will be processing the file, do I put the London office, or the one in Mississauga?

thanks again
We had the same problem last week! Since the medical is being processed as part of the primary applicant's forms, we said that the London office would be processing it. The Mississauga one processed your wife's part only. We haven't sent our application off yet (I think we're probably in the same stage as you), but the people at the medical centre checked the form and said it was fine, so we're believing them.

Note: when you pay the fees online, I imagine you say that the application is being processed at Mississauga (since they process the fee with your wife's part), since you can't use an "out of Canada" visa office online? Not sure...can anyone clear this one up?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:09 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We had the same problem last week! Since the medical is being processed as part of the primary applicant's forms, we said that the London office would be processing it. The Mississauga one processed your wife's part only. We haven't sent our application off yet (I think we're probably in the same stage as you), but the people at the medical centre checked the form and said it was fine, so we're believing them.

Note: when you pay the fees online, I imagine you say that the application is being processed at Mississauga (since they process the fee with your wife's part), since you can't use an "out of Canada" visa office online? Not sure...can anyone clear this one up?
You still put london, We put London and paid all our fees online and everything was fine. Your application only goes to Mississauga for initial approval (i's dotted, t' crossed, spouse eligible to sponsor etc) but London is still the visa office dealing with your application.
HTH
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
You still put london, We put London and paid all our fees online and everything was fine. Your application only goes to Mississauga for initial approval (i's dotted, t' crossed, spouse eligible to sponsor etc) but London is still the visa office dealing with your application.
HTH
OK, using the website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.html

You get the following:

Payment of fees through the Internet

Where will you be sending your application?

I am sending my application to:

Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada) processing centre
Mississauga, Ontario (Canada) processing centre
Vegreville, Alberta (Canada) processing centre
Buffalo, New York (United States) processing centre
Local office in Canada
Canadian embassy or consulate outside Canada

If you say "Canadian embassy or consulate outside Canada", you get a message saying:
Electronic payments cannot be made for applications that are sent to Citizenship and Immigration Canada processing centres outside Canada.

Technically, since YOU are sending the application to Mississauga (you don't send it to London, they do), should you say Mississauga for this?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

thanks again for the feedback again everyone.

It sounds like I need to put London on the medical form, but for the purposes of online payment, I put Mississauga.

Cov-canuck - yes, it does sound like we are at a pretty similar stage in our application. Best of luck with yours - where are you headed? I see you are a software tester - have you a job in this field lined up in Canada?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:44 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
OK, using the website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.html

You get the following:

Payment of fees through the Internet

Where will you be sending your application?

I am sending my application to:

Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada) processing centre
Mississauga, Ontario (Canada) processing centre
Vegreville, Alberta (Canada) processing centre
Buffalo, New York (United States) processing centre
Local office in Canada
Canadian embassy or consulate outside Canada

If you say "Canadian embassy or consulate outside Canada", you get a message saying:
Electronic payments cannot be made for applications that are sent to Citizenship and Immigration Canada processing centres outside Canada.

Technically, since YOU are sending the application to Mississauga (you don't send it to London, they do), should you say Mississauga for this?

I can only tell you what we did....... We put London as the visa office dealing with our application and we paid all our fees online with a credit card.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks again for the feedback again everyone.

It sounds like I need to put London on the medical form, but for the purposes of online payment, I put Mississauga.

Cov-canuck - yes, it does sound like we are at a pretty similar stage in our application. Best of luck with yours - where are you headed? I see you are a software tester - have you a job in this field lined up in Canada?
I haven't got a job lined up yet, but I've "Canadianized" my resume, and have sent it to a few places. I've had a couple of nibbles, but because we don't have a moving date yet it's still quite up in the air.