Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Where to post "application to information"

Wikiposts

Where to post "application to information"

Old Feb 28th 2011, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

sdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nice
Default Where to post "application to information"

Hi All
Just to update everyone.
Our application for Skilled Worker was turned down on medical grounds our children are on the Autistic Spectrum.
What I need is the postal address to get information about our Case as when we received the letter of denial is just stated that they had received the further information we had sent and believe that our children would be a burden on social services.
Whilst I understand there decision to a point, the additional information stated our plan that if we were to be given PR then we would avail the 2 out of 5 years option where we would spend 3 more years in the UK until house prices and more importantly the equity on our house would rise and the £ verses the Can$ would strengthen thus putting us in a better financial position to pay for any services which our children would need.
We signed a form declaring that we would pay for any services which our children would need.

Our children have above average IQ but have difficulty socially.
To be honest the emails back for London were not helpful. no address of where to send the Access to information form.

I also explaind that according to the Candian Human rights act it is illegal to descriminate on the grounds of disability, but obviously with Autistic children you can! go figure.

So I want to get the breakdown of what decisions was made at each point of our application. Even out lawyers weren't much help, they just washed their hands of us, saying we should accept the decision and move on.

Enough ranting for today me think

Regards

Sean
Old Feb 28th 2011, 10:50 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to post "application to information"

Originally Posted by sdfharkin
Hi All
Just to update everyone.
Our application for Skilled Worker was turned down on medical grounds our children are on the Autistic Spectrum.
What I need is the postal address to get information about our Case as when we received the letter of denial is just stated that they had received the further information we had sent and believe that our children would be a burden on social services.
Whilst I understand there decision to a point, the additional information stated our plan that if we were to be given PR then we would avail the 2 out of 5 years option where we would spend 3 more years in the UK until house prices and more importantly the equity on our house would rise and the £ verses the Can$ would strengthen thus putting us in a better financial position to pay for any services which our children would need.
We signed a form declaring that we would pay for any services which our children would need.

Our children have above average IQ but have difficulty socially.
To be honest the emails back for London were not helpful. no address of where to send the Access to information form.

I also explaind that according to the Candian Human rights act it is illegal to descriminate on the grounds of disability, but obviously with Autistic children you can! go figure.

So I want to get the breakdown of what decisions was made at each point of our application. Even out lawyers weren't much help, they just washed their hands of us, saying we should accept the decision and move on.

Enough ranting for today me think

Regards

Sean
Not being pedantic however I can't see that this would help your application in the slightest. The fact that you need to "hope and pray" for a) house prices to rise and b) the exchange rate to go in your favour doesn't show that you have planned very well at all.

That said I would suggest a read of the thread "I'm going home i've done my time" - it's an excellent thread about autism and the things that potential immigrants and landed immigrants face while here.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

sdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nice

Just to clarify a couple of things,
Firstly, house prices will rise, it just depends on by how much over what period of time.
I produced a spreadsheet documenting the predicted rise from the statistics I gathered for the Nationwide web site.
Also, I checked the Can$ vs GPB£ after each of the recessions back to the 1970s and you will find that the British pound usually recovers to above the $2.00+ to the GBP£ within a 2.5 year period. This is the informaiton which I sent as "Additional information" this was hard facts not a "Hope and Pray" data. I'm not that naive to think the Candian Government would just accept what I think might happen in the future as gospel.

When we first applied for SW we had £115,000 of equity now its £35,000
The exchange rate was Can$2.27 to the £
Our children had not been diagnosed with autism
the fact that it took the Canadian government over 4 years to process our application was no fault of ours.
So if the Canadian Government hand processed our application withing 6 months.
we would of be in the following situation.

There would of been no diagosis of Autism.
we would of had approxamately Can$261,000 to bring with us compared to just Can$55,000 at todays rate.

Our children have a speech delay due to their Autism, which is the reason for the denial. Autism has a very wide spectrum, from classical Rain Man/Sauvant to very milld. If we had been granted an interview then they could of made a more objective view. The time lines betwen having our medicals and refusal was 17 months and the children speech has dramatically improved even though a new report was sent emphising this, it seems that it might not have been taken into consideration.
This is why I want the address to get the]details of what decisions were made at each point of the application.

Oh BTW i'm an IT consultant and work in a Bank

Sean

Last edited by sdfharkin; Mar 1st 2011 at 3:06 am.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:37 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I would suggest a read of the thread "I'm going home i've done my time" - it's an excellent thread about autism and the things that potential immigrants and landed immigrants face while here.
Hi Sean

Mandymooshops is giving good advice above, as there is a lot of information in that thread that you would most likely find very relevant to your case.
It would probably give you a better perspective of the effectiveness of any challenge you may wish to make by way of fighting your cause. Therefore, I'd also suggest you read the thread I'm going home i've done my time and then maybe consider your options.

Last edited by james.mc; Mar 1st 2011 at 3:40 am.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

I think people are missing the important question,
I'm aware that in some respects that Canada is way behind the UK in Autistic spectrum disorder support, thats not my beef.

I'm actually looking for the address to send the "application to information" form
it's that simple.

Ok it might be buried in one of the 14 pages of the link that people have pointed too. I just wanted to circumnavigate it by asking a direct question.

Sean
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:05 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sean

From what I can find:

Send your information request to:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1, Canada

This link may be of further help to you:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...uests-atip.asp