Where one intends to live.

Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

andyg is a jewel in the roughandyg is a jewel in the roughandyg is a jewel in the roughandyg is a jewel in the rough
Default Where one intends to live.

Looking at a form i am just filling out for immigration i note it asks where we intend to live, i understand one has to have the required points but would it help if one was going to live in Halifax rather then say Toronto .
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:11 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where one intends to live.

Originally Posted by andyg
Looking at a form i am just filling out for immigration i note it asks where we intend to live, i understand one has to have the required points but would it help if one was going to live in Halifax rather then say Toronto .
Makes no difference, unless you put somewhere in Quebec down.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:30 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Also, if you put down Toronto you don't actually HAVE to move to there. When your time comes, you can choose to move to wherever you like, with the exception is Quebec.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andyg
I don't believe it’s simply there to catch out people who answer with Quebec. The question is there for a reason, could be quotas or could be statistics.

Just don't put Quebec
Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
I don't believe it’s simply there to catch out people who answer with Quebec. The question is there for a reason, could be quotas or could be statistics.

Just don't put Quebec
If admitted to Canada as a permanent resident through the federal route (landing in another province) you can move to Quebec anyway.

Realistically though, if you can speak French and want to move to Quebec, it would generally be quicker to apply through the Quebec route.