Where to look for Canadian Jobs

Old May 3rd 2006, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

fan li yee has a spectacular aura aboutfan li yee has a spectacular aura aboutfan li yee has a spectacular aura about
Default Where to look for Canadian Jobs

Does anyone have any good websites they can recommend if one wants to look for jobs in Canada? We have an AOR Nov 2004 and got a delay letter postponing things until April 2007! Getting totally fed up waiting and thought I might try my luck at applying for jobs. We are hoping to go to Nova Scotia and as I am a civil servant I would probably like a similar job - although am desperate enough to do anything ....well not quite..but you know what I mean! I've looked on the NS govt website but never seem to find anything.

any thoughts anyone?

thanks
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where to look for Canadian Jobs

Originally Posted by fan li yee
Does anyone have any good websites they can recommend if one wants to look for jobs in Canada? We have an AOR Nov 2004 and got a delay letter postponing things until April 2007! Getting totally fed up waiting and thought I might try my luck at applying for jobs. We are hoping to go to Nova Scotia and as I am a civil servant I would probably like a similar job - although am desperate enough to do anything ....well not quite..but you know what I mean! I've looked on the NS govt website but never seem to find anything.

any thoughts anyone?

thanks
Just do a search of this forum, this has been asked many times before. Here's a link to get you started:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=job
Old May 4th 2006, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Do you ind me asking when in Nov your AOR was as I've just received a delay letter postponing things until end of June 07, even though they stated they are currently processing applications received in Nov 04!!!

Thanks

Angela

any thoughts anyone?

thanks
Old May 4th 2006, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

The obvious sites are www.monster.ca and www.workopolis.ca. My wife had some success with workopolis and actually secured a job through replying to one of their opportunities.

Good luck

Mark
Old May 4th 2006, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

fan li yee has a spectacular aura aboutfan li yee has a spectacular aura aboutfan li yee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
The obvious sites are www.monster.ca and www.workopolis.ca. My wife had some success with workopolis and actually secured a job through replying to one of their opportunities.

Good luck

Mark

thanks all for the info!

our AOR was NOV 8th 2004. we applied via consultants and I think that are application was submitted mid Oct 2004. hope helpful
Old May 4th 2006, 9:11 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

any thoughts anyone?

thanks
This is the best site for jobs in the Maritimes -

http://www.careerbeacon.com/

Good luck .. and happy waiting!! ..