Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Where do you recommend for medicals in NW

Where do you recommend for medicals in NW

Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

DHKA is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Where do you recommend for medicals in NW

Hi we recently received our medical requests, but these were sent to our old address so we have lost a fair bit of time in getting them arranged.
We live in Lancashire and would be grateful of any info and experiences of the best place to go for our medicals.
We would obviously opt for the easiest and least obtrusive medicals available.

let me know of any suggestions/experiences
Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do you recommend for medicals in NW

Hi,

I used these in Liverpool, had to wait about 2 weeks from phoning and everything was sent off to cic as soon as test results came back.

The Elms Medical Centre, 3 The Elms, Liverpool, , L3 3SS. 0844 477 2559

Sharon
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

We used the one off the list thats in Altrincham, nr Manchester. Had the medicals done there and then they sent us into Manchester for the chest xrays. All very nice people and they were female doctors we had. All done pretty quick. We rang around the ones on the list in the North West, and these fitted us in on a cancelation so we only had a one day wait. The ones we rang had about 4week waiting list, so think we were just lucky on the day. Good luck and nothing to worry about, and thats from two overweight applicants.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

DHKA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emma & Sharon
Thanks for your replies.
Both my wife and I are pleased to hear about some others going from Blackpool who are also looking towards Vancouver Island.
Emma, are you going as a family and when do you plan to go?
Would be nice to hear from you
Dave & Michelle
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Where do you recommend for medicals in NW

Hi Dave & Michelle

We also live in Lancashire and rec'd our med reqs on the 14th Nov. I previously did alot of ringing around as we wanted them done asap, but as we were a family of 4 quite a few local ones couldn't fit us in for quite awhile. In the end we travelled to Newcastle, wasn't the cheapest but had an appointment within the week. Doctor there was great, very professional and had the paperwork completed and back to CHC well within the 2 weeks following.

We picked up our passports & visas from CHC yesterday and leave for Nanaimo, VI next Thursday

Hope this helps and good luck with your plans
Regards Sue