where do we start?

Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice
Default where do we start?

I am a Brit (can I say that or should it be British) and my 7 year partner (to be wife in August) is from BC, we have a 2 year old and now think its time we did the permanent move to BC. I presume she will be my sponsor but how can she do this if she is non Canadian resident and her job is in the UK (until we move). What forms do we apply for first?
From the websites I have tried to get information from it looks a nightmare!:curse: All advice will be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where do we start?

Is she a Canadian citizen?

Also, what's her status in the U.K. - permanent resident, British citizen etc.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Hi, yes she is Canadian citizen, she has Indefinate leave to remain now for the UK and it only the cost that is preventing us from getting her the UK citizenship (we all want dual nationality eventually). cheers
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

i'd get her that british citizenship before you go back, She's probably got a pretty strong case at the moment, so why waste it?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:35 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyturner
Hi, yes she is Canadian citizen, she has Indefinate leave to remain now for the UK and it only the cost that is preventing us from getting her the UK citizenship (we all want dual nationality eventually). cheers
If she is a Canadian Citizen that doesnt reside in Canada then she can sponsor you (either as her common-law partner now or as her spouse after August) provided that she shows that she will reside in Canada with you once your permanent residency is granted. It isnt possible to sponsor someone to get them PR and then continue to live outside Canada.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NSpaul
If she is a Canadian Citizen that doesnt reside in Canada then she can sponsor you (either as her common-law partner now or as her spouse after August) provided that she shows that she will reside in Canada with you once your permanent residency is granted. It isnt possible to sponsor someone to get them PR and then continue to live outside Canada.
Oh we fully intend to reside in BC as soon as possible, where do we get the application forms (I presume the first step is for her to sponsor me). What other forms or applications will I need?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:58 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyturner
Oh we fully intend to reside in BC as soon as possible, where do we get the application forms (I presume the first step is for her to sponsor me). What other forms or applications will I need?
Forms are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

Only about 12 forms to complete and 30 or so supporting documents to collect