Wikiposts

Where do I start?

Old Mar 31st 2012, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Shahzad Senior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where do I start?

Hello every one,
My name is Shahzad Ahmad from Pakistan. I passed my MBA( Finance) And i want to move Canada for better future. But i have no guide line and have no idea where to start it. Please any one can tell me the following questions:
1. Who to apply for study visa.
2. Who much amount i needed for visa.
3. Is there chance of growth and better future.
4. Which city is best to live and work.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 1:10 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do I start?

Hi and welcome to BE,

To be honest with you you need to start this research yourself, no one here can hold your hand for you. This is your journey, and whilst other members will be happy to share their experiences you need to do the leg work yourself. However, if you feel you are unable to do so the best course of action may be to hire yourself a registered migration agent.

Here are some links to start off your reading:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Canada
Old Mar 31st 2012, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You can also use the Wiki link at the top of the page or do a thread search using key words or phrases like cost of living in Vancouver etc.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 7:13 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahzad Senior
Hello every one,
My name is Shahzad Ahmad from Pakistan. I passed my MBA( Finance) And i want to move Canada for better future. But i have no guide line and have no idea where to start it. Please any one can tell me the following questions:
1. Who to apply for study visa.
If you have an MBA, what are you going to study for? A study permit does not allow you to work (very restricted). You have to leave after the permit expires unless you get residency somehow. CIC look closely now at study permit applications due to misuse of the system.

2. Who much amount i needed for visa.
No idea, you can find easily this yourself by doing research.

3. Is there chance of growth and better future.
Subjective questions. Depends what you come from and what you are going to and what you want. Also depends on what career path you want to follow. Many people with doctorates are driving cabs because they cannot find work in their field.

4. Which city is best to live and work.
Again subjective question, depends where the work is in the field you choose to work in. Depends what you like and what you want to get out of it. Entirely personal choice.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 10:45 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Aviator
If you have an MBA, what are you going to study for? A study permit does not allow you to work (very restricted). You have to leave after the permit expires unless you get residency somehow. CIC look closely now at study permit applications due to misuse of the system.

No idea, you can find easily this yourself by doing research.

Subjective questions. Depends what you come from and what you are going to and what you want. Also depends on what career path you want to follow. Many people with doctorates are driving cabs because they cannot find work in their field.

Again subjective question, depends where the work is in the field you choose to work in. Depends what you like and what you want to get out of it. Entirely personal choice.

1. Just a few corrections.
2. After 6 months of attendance at a CIC recognized school in Canada with passing marks, you can apply for an off campus work permit allowing you to work for 20 hours per week during the semester and full time between semesters and holidays.
3. After completing your course you can get a Post Graduate Open Work Permit for length of how long the course was. i.e. a 8 months course gets you an 8 months work permit. A 2 year course gets you a 3 year work permit.
4. You have demonstrate funds for the 1st year tuition and $10K for living expenses for the 1st year and airfare home.
5. If you graduate from a 1 year course and have 1 year of skilled work after graduation, you can apply for the Canada Experience Class.