Where do i stand?

Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:36 am
Just Joined

foreveryoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where do i stand?

Hi im new to the forum but i can see there is some great advice from people with alot of knowledge on here but i cant seem to find an old thread related to my unfortunate situation.
I married my wife a candian 3 years ago and finally got my PR in the summer of last year.
Unfortunately 4 months ago she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and after an incredible battle passed away 10 days ago.
Now that the funeral has passed and ive had time to think about a few things ive decided that im goin to try and live on in Canada. The only issiue is that i dont know if im allowed? If i am allowed who then is my sponsor? Could i get my citzenship now?
In this very difficult time i would appreciate anyones help they can give me.
Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:41 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do i stand?

Originally Posted by foreveryoung
Hi im new to the forum but i can see there is some great advice from people with alot of knowledge on here but i cant seem to find an old thread related to my unfortunate situation.
I married my wife a candian 3 years ago and finally got my PR in the summer of last year.
Unfortunately 4 months ago she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and after an incredible battle passed away 10 days ago.
Now that the funeral has passed and ive had time to think about a few things ive decided that im goin to try and live on in Canada. The only issiue is that i dont know if im allowed? If i am allowed who then is my sponsor? Could i get my citzenship now?
In this very difficult time i would appreciate anyones help they can give me.
Thanks
My condolences for your loss.

You say you have your PR but not it you actually landed. I don't think there will be an issue anyway. Good luck
Old Mar 1st 2012, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear about your loss.

As far as I know, if you have PR it's yours to use to live on in Canada if you plelase. PR is related to the individual.

My wife will be the principal applicant on our application, but once we have PR and we're there, if she moves back to the UK I can stay on.

Someone may correct me, and there will be exact criteria to meet, but once you've lived in Canada 3 years you can apply for citizenship.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 7:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss.

As has been said above, if you have your PR (i.e. landed to activate it, and are now a full PR of Canada), then you can move with no problems, even though your sponsor has passed away.

Just do make sure that you meet the residency requirements - 2 years out of every 5 in Canada to maintain PR.

HTH.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

foreveryoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for the responses and condolonces. I had activated it last July and been in Canada since so its good to hear that you guys think i can stay in Canada.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your wife.

So pleased for you that you can stay in Canada.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 3:52 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

My sincere condolences to add to the others.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Sincere condolences on your very sad loss.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 10:33 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

What did your wife think about it? Did you spend some pleasant times there together? Now you are past the horror of your wife's end and the reality that you can stay in Canada, what do you feel you want to do? You now know that you don't have to DO anything for a good while, so you should be able to take the time to decide. What do you want to do? Very best regards.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sincere condolences for your loss, you must be devastated.

You can apply for citizenship in another couple of years but not yet - you need to maintain your PR status for now and come to terms with the very sad loss you have experienced.

Yes, you can remain in Canada.

I am sure that it is the last thing on your mind, but are you aware that you may be able to claim a survivors benefit and pension, help towards the funeral costs (depending on which Province you live in) and a monthly stipend?

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/i...shtml#eligible

Again, so sorry for your very sad news.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 1:02 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

That's so sad. I am sorry for your loss.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 1:06 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

thats terrible news. Hope the future works out for you x