Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

where do i find letter for the police

Wikiposts

where do i find letter for the police

Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation where do i find letter for the police

Hi,

i got my 90 day letter by email after 45 days...so am in a mad panic.

Where do I find hte letter for the police to from the CHC for the police certs? I know it used to be there but i can't find it anywhere?!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:30 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where do i find letter for the police

Hi. I think this is what you are looking for.........
http://cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp

Good luck
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i've hit that link a few times - but i'm sure there was a letter I had to print out at the end of one of the documents and hand to them to get a police cert when i first put in my application but i can't find that letter (the one to print out) since...

and yes i'm doing the panicking thing. Sorry.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Local Requests
Applicants or their representatives (in possession of a witnessed statement consenting to the release of information) should apply in person at the local Garda Siochana (police) station. Applicants must present a letter of request from the Canadian visa office (available at www.canada.org.uk). For more information, consult the Garda Siochana website: www.garda.ie/angarda/faq.html#C2.

is what it says. The garda (police) link doesnt' work and i can't find the letter of request, and keep clicking the same links and going in circles.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

ecepaul is on a distinguished road

Sorry you don't say where you live, but each UK police area has a different form, to be sent to a different place. For example the West Midlands form can be found here http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/p...tion/WA162.pdf. The best thing to do is google your local area police force and then search for Subject Access Request.
Good Luck
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm in Ireland (the republic of, not northern).

I just need the letter for them..its the same for all countries and used to be at the end of one of hte application forms, i'm sure.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Wink Re: where do i find letter for the police

found it!

it was indeed an appendix on a pdf document:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Just for anyone's future reference
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:14 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caitilin
found it!

it was indeed an appendix on a pdf document:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Just for anyone's future reference
Ah, ok, now I know what you mean. Thanks for the link, another one added to the bookmarks.
Hope the Garda are good & quick for you!