When Will I Complete Immigration?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:38 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Posts: 141
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future
Default When Will I Complete Immigration?

My husband flies out to Calgary on July 3rd, I follow two weeks later on July 17th. I then have to return to the UK to collect my children who are spending the first two weeks of the school holidays with their biological father before they leave the UK.

I then fly out for good with the children August 7th.

My question is do I have to go through immigration with regards to PR on the first occasion I land in Calgary or will I have to do it the second time I land when I have my children with me?

Also what do I do with 'the list?', when will I have to present that??

So many questions and so little time now! I really should be packing not messing on the computer althought this is an important post to me and I need help please???
Tamsin8 is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:42 am
  #2  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Will I Complete Immigration?

Hi

Originally Posted by Tamsin8
My husband flies out to Calgary on July 3rd, I follow two weeks later on July 17th. I then have to return to the UK to collect my children who are spending the first two weeks of the school holidays with their biological father before they leave the UK.

I then fly out for good with the children August 7th.

My question is do I have to go through immigration with regards to PR on the first occasion I land in Calgary or will I have to do it the second time I land when I have my children with me?

Also what do I do with 'the list?', when will I have to present that??

So many questions and so little time now! I really should be packing not messing on the computer althought this is an important post to me and I need help please???
1. You "land" on your first entry and that is when you should have your GTF/GA lists stamped by CBSA.
2. If your children are "landing" then you would probably accompany them to Immigration.
PMM is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:54 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Posts: 141
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future
Default Re: When Will I Complete Immigration?

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi



1. You "land" on your first entry and that is when you should have your GTF/GA lists stamped by CBSA.
2. If your children are "landing" then you would probably accompany them to Immigration.
Great thank you for taking the time to clear things up for me, I thought it would be this way but glad I checked,

Kind regards,
Tamsin
Tamsin8 is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:45 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: St.Albert, AB
Posts: 246
zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future
Default Re: When Will I Complete Immigration?

Originally Posted by Tamsin8
Great thank you for taking the time to clear things up for me, I thought it would be this way but glad I checked,

Kind regards,
Tamsin
Congratulations! Not long to go now before your dream becomes a reality. Are you going to live in Calgary or elsewhere?
zippadydoda is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:04 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Posts: 141
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future
Default Re: When Will I Complete Immigration?

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Congratulations! Not long to go now before your dream becomes a reality. Are you going to live in Calgary or elsewhere?
Thank you so much...yes we got there in the end! Wow what a journey, not one I would like to repeat!

We are going to Calgary, not too sure where yet Hopefully we will find a three month rental property until we decide which area we want to settle in. This website is unbelievable and has helped me so much with various things!

The pressure is on now big time trying to get everything packed OMG!
Tamsin8 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.