When they request the passport...

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default When they request the passport...

...how long do you have to send it to them? My husband's visa hasn't been approved yet. My sponsorship was approved about 3 weeks ago. We're thinking about going to Disneyland Paris for a few days in early October, but I'm not sure what would happen if he gets his passport request before then because I have no idea how long they will keep it. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:37 pm
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When they request the passport...

If you can drop it in London - one week. Otherwise it is about two weeks. I will state the obvious if you post it send it next day and recorded delivery. You can always include a cover letter or send a case specific email explaining you circumstances - there are quite a few threads/ posts on the forum indicating that the Immigration Section are actually human and can be quite helpful when there are extenuating circumstances.