British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   When should I expect an AOR?(SW-PR-AEO) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/when-should-i-expect-aor-sw-pr-aeo-582241/)

dudlek Jan 6th 2009 6:05 pm

When should I expect an AOR?(SW-PR-AEO)

Hi everybody

Wonderful reading all the advice on the forums. Thanks to all.

I just need to ask a question:

Our PR (SW with AEO) application was sent to CIC London at the end of Nov, When should I expect to receive some correspondence from them as I cant find a definitive answer on the forums; I appreciate with the end Nov publication of 'the list' things might be delayed but would appreciate any thoughts you might have on this?

Thanks in advance
Kath

christmasoompa Jan 6th 2009 7:17 pm

Re: When should I expect an AOR?(SW-PR-AEO)

Apparently you should contact them if you haven't had an AOR within 3 months.

:)

dudlek Jan 6th 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks I'll bear that in mind and action next month.

Cheers
Kath

rosas369 Jan 8th 2009 2:21 pm

Hi

On London CIC website it now says AORs can take 6 months. Ours took 5 months, sent july 23 received AOR 29 dec. GL:thumbup:

rossi1 Jan 8th 2009 2:45 pm

Well we sent our full application in over 13 weeks ago now and have still had no AOR and we have even emailed them this week but had no reply.

We are already in canada on the work permit, so sent in a full application asking if it could be fastracked, but seems they are realy busy, but god fed up with the waiting now.

Will keep you posted when we hear anything, but think they must be busy with all the new immigration changes etc...

dudlek Jan 8th 2009 3:55 pm

Thanks for your responses, I shall just have to wait it out and hope something appears before April.

Regards to all and thanks.

rossi1 Jan 9th 2009 2:12 pm

Hi All
Just to update you.

We have just had an email back from chc london to confirm that they have our PR application and that it is waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer and that they endeavour to process PR applications with arranged employment on a priority basis.

So even though its no major news after it being there 13 weeks, at least now we have a file number.

They said they will be in touch when they are ready to process this application.

so to all yous waiting, it looks like ours are not flying out the office like the pnp applications.

But at least i got a reply!