When to have Medicals

Old Sep 19th 2011, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

paul.. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to have Medicals

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

I have recently married my Canadian wife and I am now in the process of completing my PR spousal application paperwork.

On the checklist form there is a "proof of medical" line. I was always under the impression that the medical is done once the application has been received and approved in principle. Has something now changed that means I must have my medical prior to completing my application?

This gets a bit complicated as I have 2 children who live in the UK with my ex wife who must also get medicals even though they are not coming with me.

I plan on applying outside Canada as the process times are quicker.
Does this make any difference?

We are also having to wait the 10-12 weeks for the marriage certificate which seems just crazy to me. I just want to get this process moving. It's so frustrating.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 4:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to have Medicals

You need to have the medical done before you send the application off, but it's always been that way for spouses, it's not a new thing.

HTH.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Use the period of time you are waiting for the marriage certificate to get everything done and filled out. You can then send it all once the certificate arrives. Medicals do have to be done and sent with the application, so you will need to get started on your kids medicals asap. You can do yours in Canada. Make sure the DMP gives you your copy of IMM1017 - mine didn't, and it was a bit of hassle getting it back, but I did in the end.

Also police certificates - have you got those ready? You need one for every country you have ever lived in for 6+months, excluding Canada. They mustn't be more than 3 months old by the time you send them.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Use the period of time you are waiting for the marriage certificate to get everything done and filled out. You can then send it all once the certificate arrives. Medicals do have to be done and sent with the application, so you will need to get started on your kids medicals asap. You can do yours in Canada. Make sure the DMP gives you your copy of IMM1017 - mine didn't, and it was a bit of hassle getting it back, but I did in the end.

Also police certificates - have you got those ready? You need one for every country you have ever lived in for 6+months, excluding Canada. They mustn't be more than 3 months old by the time you send them.
Thanks for all this great help. Yes I have applied for my police certificate and it's currently on its way to me as we speak. Will get the medicals booked ASAP.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

So, to update, I have arranged medicals for myself and my 2 boys, who live in the UK with their mother. I am having my medical done in Canada as I am here visiting my wife. The childrens nedicals are being done in the UK.

Here's the question. I intend to apply outside Canada(London). I am aware that my application will need to be mailed to Mississauga initially but on the Medical Appendix C form do I put London as the visa office?

Also, As these are upfront medical am I expected to take any paperwork other than the Appendix C form, ie, the IMM 1017 or is this provided by the DMP?

Once again, any help is much appreciated.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 1:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by paul..
So, to update, I have arranged medicals for myself and my 2 boys, who live in the UK with their mother. I am having my medical done in Canada as I am here visiting my wife. The childrens nedicals are being done in the UK.

Here's the question. I intend to apply outside Canada(London). I am aware that my application will need to be mailed to Mississauga initially but on the Medical Appendix C form do I put London as the visa office?

Also, As these are upfront medical am I expected to take any paperwork other than the Appendix C form, ie, the IMM 1017 or is this provided by the DMP?

Once again, any help is much appreciated.
1. London is the visa office.
2. The DMP has the IMM 1017, you need the appendix C and your passport as well as 2 photos I believe.