Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

when to get medical for spousal sponsorship

when to get medical for spousal sponsorship

Old Oct 16th 2011, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default when to get medical for spousal sponsorship

I have just starting the procedure to sponser my husband (I am a Canadian by birth living in UK), I thought we had to include the medical with the application form, but have just read on the CIC site that;
'instructions will be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office' is this the case for police checks too?
Also how much might we expect to pay for the medical, is it a set charge for all the nominated doctors, or do they vary?
Any advice gratefully recieved
Old Oct 16th 2011, 7:40 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when to get medical for spousal sponsorship

Originally Posted by merylbaz
I have just starting the procedure to sponser my husband (I am a Canadian by birth living in UK), I thought we had to include the medical with the application form, but have just read on the CIC site that;
'instructions will be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office' is this the case for police checks too?
Also how much might we expect to pay for the medical, is it a set charge for all the nominated doctors, or do they vary?
No you send EVERYTHING with the application to Mississauga.

I think the cost varies but i think mine was around £280 all in down Harley Street in London.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merylbaz
^^^^as above^^^^

Everything goes with your application to Mississauga. There is a list of designated docs on the CIC website - you can see which is local to you and call for costs. They do vary around the country.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

^^^ what they said!
Your whole application pack, including medical and police check goes off at the same time. You complete your application forms to be the sponsor and your husband completes all his forms to become a PR and it will be him who needs the medical and police check. One thing worth noting is that when your husband gets his visa in his passport, he will have 12 months FROM THE DATE OF HIS MEDICAL to activate the visa (ie land and become a PR) ... so basically get the medical done just before you are about to send off the applications.

I had my medical done in Slough and it was approx 225 quid. Hope this helps and any questions, please feel free to ask.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys, your replies have been most helpful . I may be back with more questions as I work my way through the forms
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

So i guess if they end up taking longer than 12 months to process you will need to take another medical exam?