when does the 12 months start?

Old Dec 20th 2004, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Scalley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default when does the 12 months start?

I'm part way through the immigration process. I thought i was being well prepared by getting my medical done right at the beginning of the application. Assuming i'm eventually granted a visa, i have heard that i will have 12 months to land in canada, starting from the date at which i got my medical done. Is this true? or does the clock start from when i'm issued witha visa? Any advice would be welcomed, as this could drastically affect my plans. Cheers

Matt
Old Dec 20th 2004, 8:51 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when does the 12 months start?

Originally Posted by Scalley
I'm part way through the immigration process. I thought i was being well prepared by getting my medical done right at the beginning of the application. Assuming i'm eventually granted a visa, i have heard that i will have 12 months to land in canada, starting from the date at which i got my medical done. Is this true? or does the clock start from when i'm issued witha visa? Any advice would be welcomed, as this could drastically affect my plans. Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

We have recently received our medical requests, 17 months after we applied and 14 months from AOR!!

It does say on the paperwork that came with the medical forms that the clock starts ticking after we have the medicals and that we have 12 months to land FROM date of meds......... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (hopefully i'm wrong)
Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Scalley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Hi Matt,

We have recently received our medical requests, 17 months after we applied and 14 months from AOR!!

It does say on the paperwork that came with the medical forms that the clock starts ticking after we have the medicals and that we have 12 months to land FROM date of meds......... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (hopefully i'm wrong)
Thanks BH, I'll look into updating medicals mid-application, else i'll have to be ready to move at short notice. Thanks again. Matt
Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:40 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scalley
Thanks BH, I'll look into updating medicals mid-application, else i'll have to be ready to move at short notice. Thanks again. Matt
Visa will be valid until 12 mo. after medical or expiration of one of the passports (you and your dependants) whatever is shorter
Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough

Hi Matt,

HI

How long is the wait to have your medicals done and when do you expect to get the results and leave the UK?
Its been 11 months since I got my AOR's so fingures crossed am getting near to hearing now, and I was HOPING to emigrate around August 2005.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 1:08 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weener
HI

How long is the wait to have your medicals done and when do you expect to get the results and leave the UK?
Its been 11 months since I got my AOR's so fingures crossed am getting near to hearing now, and I was HOPING to emigrate around August 2005.

Hi weener

Medicals have to be done within 3 months of CIC asking for them, to be honest I don't know how long the results will take.

Our meds are booked for the end of December, the lady at the medical center said this was the only date available until Feb!! (Bristol)

As for leaving the UK our oldest wants to finish her GCSEs (May/June 05)
A few people have said the best time to take school age kids is near the end of the summer term so that they get to know a few faces before the summer hols, hopefully make a few more freinds during the hols and start a new term with a little less trepidation...............but saying that they are teenagers :scared: :scared: so who knows!!
Old Dec 21st 2004, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough

Hi weener

Medicals have to be done within 3 months of CIC asking for them, to be honest I don't know how long the results will take.

Our meds are booked for the end of December, the lady at the medical center said this was the only date available until Feb!! (Bristol)

As for leaving the UK our oldest wants to finish her GCSEs (May/June 05)
A few people have said the best time to take school age kids is near the end of the summer term so that they get to know a few faces before the summer hols, hopefully make a few more freinds during the hols and start a new term with a little less trepidation...............but saying that they are teenagers :scared: :scared: so who knows!!
Hi Bannahammoock

Thanks for you fast responce and good luck for next year.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there,
I read in somewhere that some people even thought their medical exam expired they did not request theire medicals again and they got their visas 3 months after expiry date. I do not think that they would require medicals with applications if they would ask for it over again, unless case is little bit complicated and it takes over a year.
This is the first time I heard that visa expires when your medicals expire. When I came to Canada years ago my medical was expiring in September but my visa was valid until December. The only thing that I might be worried is clearance report that is valid 6 months and that might expire before they issue the visa. All the best and happy holidays.