Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Whats your opinion on my immigration chances.

Whats your opinion on my immigration chances.

Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:05 am
Just Joined

andy0408 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats your opinion on my immigration chances.

Hi, I am a 40 year old Scotsman wishing to marry my partner of 2 years who lives in Canada. FACTS:

My partner is a Canadian citizen, Although her parents are from Scotland.
She lives in Alberta.
I live in Scotland.
Her family are from the same town in Scotland and I am friends with her extended family and thats how we met.
She has been to Scotland 3 times in the last 2 years and i have been to Canada once although later this year I will be visiting to get married.
We email or call every day and I think I can prove that(im sure I can).
I have a decent full time job earning 25,000 british pounds a year and would probabaly not earn that much in Canada, So not going for the money etc.
I have 2 arrests back 20 years ago for being basically young and drunk. Small fines paid.
would be leaving a 16 and 13 year old, although they and their mother are pro me moving.
My partner owns her own house and earns about 40,000 dollars.
Can you please advise me about anything and everything and should I process this myself or hire a consultant. It says 8 months to process from uk, has anyone found this to be different. Kind thanks to anyone who reads and anyone replying.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:02 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats your opinion on my immigration chances.

Originally Posted by andy0408
Hi, I am a 40 year old Scotsman wishing to marry my partner of 2 years who lives in Canada. FACTS:

My partner is a Canadian citizen, Although her parents are from Scotland.
She lives in Alberta.
I live in Scotland.
Her family are from the same town in Scotland and I am friends with her extended family and thats how we met.
She has been to Scotland 3 times in the last 2 years and i have been to Canada once although later this year I will be visiting to get married.
We email or call every day and I think I can prove that(im sure I can).
I have a decent full time job earning 25,000 british pounds a year and would probabaly not earn that much in Canada, So not going for the money etc.
I have 2 arrests back 20 years ago for being basically young and drunk. Small fines paid.
would be leaving a 16 and 13 year old, although they and their mother are pro me moving.
My partner owns her own house and earns about 40,000 dollars.
Can you please advise me about anything and everything and should I process this myself or hire a consultant. It says 8 months to process from uk, has anyone found this to be different. Kind thanks to anyone who reads and anyone replying.
The facts we need are what your profession is and what qualifications you have as that will determine whether you have any chance of emigration on your own.

If that is not an option then you have to look at routes involving your partner and marriage.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:39 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats your opinion on my immigration chances.

If you come to Canada and get married then your then wife can sponsor you under the spousal option. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sor/spouse.asp

Your profession/education is academic at that point and there is no need to hire/pay for consultants.