Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Whats the next thing we need to do to get PR through employment offer?????

Whats the next thing we need to do to get PR through employment offer?????

Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:13 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats the next thing we need to do to get PR through employment offer?????

You may have guessed that I am getting my PR stuff together with all the "help me!" posts, so jut want to double check something.

Mr Miggins has started with a firm on an open work permit that want to hire him permanently.... so what do we need to do next????/

My understanding is we don't need an LMO to be included in our PR to get us processed quickly - so what do we need to send through to London with our PR application - surely it can't just be a letter from the company??????

Help - just panicking quietly

Think I am going to throw up if there is anything mightily confusing to do now!

All the best
Mrs M x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:00 pm

Default Re: Whats the next thing we need to do to get PR through employment offer?????

Do you know what I am a moron I have just remembered I asked this question before

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=aeo

The bit that I am confused on is do I need to get any approval from the HRSDC if we have documented like Mr Miller said, the job offer, the work permit, proof that he is doing the job etc?

I just want to be double checking as I read tonight (in my confused state) about the HRSDC have to confirm the job has really been offered. Now if that is the case (and I know it's the case for somebody somewhere - not sure if it is for him) what do I have to do to get the HRSDC to do this????

Do you see what I mean?

I don't know.

You know you are confused when you reply to your own posts and no other bugger does lol!

Please advise somebody - somewhere??????

Thanks
Mrs M x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:03 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats the next thing we need to do to get PR through employment offer?????

1. Valid work permit

2. Proof of working in Canada with the above permit - letter from employer confirming the fact plus a couple of paycheck stubs

3. Letter from employer (may be within the same letter as in #2 above) expressing intention to convert current temporary employment to a full time, permanent position on indeterminate basis.

Of course Mr. Miggins must be the principal applicant (providing he qualifies) to take advantage of full application package with arranged employment (don't submit simplified). No need for anything from HRSDC.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Aug 16th 2007 at 5:07 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:09 pm

So at no I point do I need to go near getting any other external body to verify the offer of employment or anything else if we provide what you said along with the NON simplified/regular application - that's right isn't it?

Thanks Andrew I appreciate that.

I just want to make doubly sure before I send everything off from here that I have all we need. I think at this point my head is swimming with all the info I have read and sometimes it's easy to confuse your case to other stuff that just sounds like it's similar!

I would definitely recommend to people the services of an expert if they have a complicated case, we are straight forward and that's bad enough lol! It can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming when you know you have your families future in your sweaty little hands

Thanks again
Mrs (I can now sleep well tonight) Miggins x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:31 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
So at no I point do I need to go near getting any other external body to verify the offer of employment or anything else if we provide what you said along with the NON simplified/regular application - that's right isn't it?
As long as all what I listed is submitted and of course job is in skills level 0, A or B then nothing else is needed.

See attached 2 pages from Immigration Manual with relevant to your circumstances sections highlighted.

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
I would definitely recommend to people the services of an expert if they have a complicated case, we are straight forward and that's bad enough lol!
There is no such thing as "straightforward case", it just doesn't exist.

It is a person preparing application package that can make such package (not the case) a "straightforward" one for processing officer, regardless how simple or complex circumstances and facts of said case are. Applicant can make a simple case a complex one and vice versa, a complicated case may be presented in such straightforward way in the application package that assessment will be smooth and conclusion well ahead of other cases. Or applicant can make such mess with the package that s/he will be refused, regardless being qualified.

Well prepared application package with 100% conclusive evidence, including all case and circumstances specific (not listed in any application kits) documentation will lead to straightforward assessment process. And this is what you want to submit.

On the other hand poorly prepared case, inconclusive and/or missing evidence, submission of only basic required documents without case and circumstances specific evidence will result in complex assessment process at visa post. These are cases that are the bulk of 50% refused cases.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AE pages from manual.pdf (37.2 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Aug 16th 2007 at 5:56 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:36 pm

point totally taken and understood!

I'l be giving them "War and Peace" as an application lol!

Thanks again - I am off for a good nights sleep

Mrs M