Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

rickmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's next and how long....

Hi

This is my situation:
Jan'04-applied for PR in Trinidad
Jan'04-received AOR
April'04-completed Medicals and RCMP fingerprint forms (studied in Canada)
July'04-called CIC and was told that interview was waived and background check is being done

How long will this take?
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:44 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's next and how long....

Depending from your nationality, background, activities, associations and countries you resided in it may take anywhere from several months to well over a year.

Originally Posted by rickmo
Hi

This is my situation:
Jan'04-received AOR
July'04-called CIC and was told that interview was waived and background check is being done

How long will this take?
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Depending from your nationality, background, activities, associations and countries you resided in it may take anywhere from several months to well over a year.

Thanks for the prompt response. I am Trinidadian, and went to school in Canada for 5 years ( high school and university). I have not resided in any other countries except Trinidad and Canada.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:19 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

So, it will come down to your background, associations and activities - if you were never associated with any activities or with people who were involved in any activities that may pose threat to Canada (terrorism, organized crime, espionage, radical movements, etc.) then you shouldn't worry and your security check should be done any day now.

Thanks for the prompt response. I am Trinidadian, and went to school in Canada for 5 years ( high school and university). I have not resided in any other countries except Trinidad and Canada.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
So, it will come down to your background, associations and activities - if you were never associated with any activities or with people who were involved in any activities that may pose threat to Canada (terrorism, organized crime, espionage, radical movements, etc.) then you shouldn't worry and your security check should be done any day now.
Thanks again for the quick response. I have never been involved with the kind of associations/activities/people you mentioned in Trinidad or in Canada. I am hoping that my application is processed before my medical expires so I don't have to do them again!
Old Oct 9th 2004, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

This is my situation:
Jan'04-received AOR

How long will this take?
You are lucky as your application is moving much faster than others in Trinidad. I only just sent in my application in September and am hoping I get a timeline like yours. Did you submit on your own? I am using a lawyer. Most people I know waited longer for even the AOR so be patient.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by triniangel
You are lucky as your application is moving much faster than others in Trinidad. I only just sent in my application in September and am hoping I get a timeline like yours. Did you submit on your own? I am using a lawyer. Most people I know waited longer for even the AOR so be patient.
Hello triniangel,
My application is probably being processed faster because I did my degree in Canada ( I'm guessing here). Yes I did submit on my own. Hope you get a response soon. Let me know.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:21 am
Just Joined

rajivnayan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrew,

Hope you can give me some insight.

I have applied for canadian PR in OCT 2003 thru Buffalo office as I was in USA for last 4 yrs. My medical is thru in July 2004. Nothing was asked for Interview in that letter. How long I will have to wait before I can get the PR status. Do you have any time frame by your experience. I have not paid ROLF as of yet. Will this delay my decision process? I am currently in Canada on student visa.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Raj