Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What Visa Need to File by Wife to Join her Husband in Canada

What Visa Need to File by Wife to Join her Husband in Canada

Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

cheersnparty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Visa Need to File by Wife to Join her Husband in Canada

Hello Experts,

Currently I am holding study permit and would like to invite my wife to Canada from India. What visa she need to file from India? I mean what exact word for visa should I use it in my invitation letter?

1) Spouse Dependent visa
2) Student Dependent Visa
3) Temporary Residence Visa
4) Visitor Visa
5) None of above, then please mention it to me.

She is currently studying in India and graduating in mid 2006 and I want to get her a visa upto Oct. 2006, upto my stay in Canada. What should my wife mention to visa officer, is she gonna quit her study and stay with me that's the reason she need visa upto Oct. 2006 or does she will tell that she is planning to visit me for a while, in that case chances are there she will get visa for a very short period.

What she can tell to get a visa upto Oct. 2006?

Thanks for your time.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:21 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Visa Need to File by Wife to Join her Husband in Canada

Originally Posted by cheersnparty
Hello Experts,

Currently I am holding study permit and would like to invite my wife to Canada from India. What visa she need to file from India? I mean what exact word for visa should I use it in my invitation letter?

1) Spouse Dependent visa
2) Student Dependent Visa
3) Temporary Residence Visa
4) Visitor Visa
5) None of above, then please mention it to me.

She is currently studying in India and graduating in mid 2006 and I want to get her a visa upto Oct. 2006, upto my stay in Canada. What should my wife mention to visa officer, is she gonna quit her study and stay with me that's the reason she need visa upto Oct. 2006 or does she will tell that she is planning to visit me for a while, in that case chances are there she will get visa for a very short period.

What she can tell to get a visa upto Oct. 2006?

Thanks for your time.
I would presume that it would be the "student spouse or dependent" visa! But I am not too sure if CHC New Delhi allows that....