Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What is it that they do at this point, EXACTLY?

What is it that they do at this point, EXACTLY?

Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:56 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future
Unhappy What is it that they do at this point, EXACTLY?

Hello everyone... I have a question...

I would like to know what is it that they CIC does at the point when they receive the Medical exams and the PRPF money?

I know they are working on doing your background check, but what does that mean exactly? We sent our police reports with our initial application ... did they wait until now to really take a look at the police reports or what?

The reason I ask is because we failed to send my husband police report from his native country because that country does not issue one for people who did not serve the military (it is mandatory there) but at the time the CIC requested our medical exams and PRPF money (Dec 31st 2007), they also said that the above mentioned police report was REQUIRED... so we starter to work towards getting it which involved paying a fine of US$5000 ! (we didn't want to do that before) so now we are just waiting for the paper work to be done and to finally get a waiver or pardon for my husband for not serving the military and then after that we are able to get the police report...

We sent a letter to CIC with our medical reports and PRPF check explaining the situation and asking for some time to resolve the police report issue... so I am wondering if anyone knows what could they be thinking... or what should I expect from CIC...

We sent all the items mentioned before in the 1st week of Jan... we haven't heard from CIC...

i am very worry... my friend who applied a month before me and who got her medical request after me... just received her passport request two days ago... having to get the police report has delayed us and we are so sad because we feel our dream slipping away...

Thank you for any help, suggestion or comments you may give...

Lily

Last edited by Yalily; Mar 19th 2008 at 5:58 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:16 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is it that they do at this point, EXACTLY?

Please search this forum for "security check" and for "background check" - the matter has been explain zillion of times. And don't compare your case to someone else's, as there are no 2 similar cases.

Police certificates only show official criminal record. Nothing else.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:36 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is it that they do at this point, EXACTLY?

Thanks Mr Miller