Wikiposts

What to take for the first visit

Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Robert.Mcps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to take for the first visit

Hello,

When I am to land in Canada for the first time to get my PR stamped what (documents and anything else) should I take with me. Plus in the case of documents should these be the originals. In addition to this I plan to return in about 4-5 days time back to my home country, however do I have to take all the money which I showed in the VISA application form?

Regards
Rob.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to take for the first visit

Originally Posted by Robert.Mcps
Hello,

When I am to land in Canada for the first time to get my PR stamped what (documents and anything else) should I take with me. Plus in the case of documents should these be the originals. In addition to this I plan to return in about 4-5 days time back to my home country, however do I have to take all the money which I showed in the VISA application form?

Regards
Rob.
Hi Rob,

If you have a look in the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page), then there is an article about what you need to take when landing.

But yes, you need to take your proof of funds - so a bank statement from a day or two before or something similar. Remember that the amount may have gone up since you applied (it increases each year), so do double check the CIC website to see how much you need to have.

Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi Rob,

If you have a look in the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page), then there is an article about what you need to take when landing.

But yes, you need to take your proof of funds - so a bank statement from a day or two before or something similar. Remember that the amount may have gone up since you applied (it increases each year), so do double check the CIC website to see how much you need to have.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but my question is that I will be staying there fore only two or three days, so therefore do I have to take the total ammount specified. Plus do I have to take the funds itself or is a bank statement enough?

Regards
Rob.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but my question is that I will be staying there fore only two or three days, so therefore do I have to take the total ammount specified. Plus do I have to take the funds itself or is a bank statement enough?

Regards
Rob.
Yes, I realised exactly what your question was - and answered it!

As per my last post, yes, you do need to take your proof of funds, and a bank statement will be find as long as it's very recent. You need to take the full amount of proof of funds when you land, even if you turn around and get straight back on the next flight home.

Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:42 am
Banned

garrett8787 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Regards
Rob.
Am i misunderstanding you? You have NEVER been to Canada before but you want to move here? What's your reason for that if you don't mind me asking
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by garrett8787
Am i misunderstanding you? You have NEVER been to Canada before but you want to move here? What's your reason for that if you don't mind me asking
No no, I have been to Canada on many occassions, but this is the first time I will be landing after getting the PR. Therefore I have to bring some documentation and currency with me to show to the VISA officer. Therefore my original questions were

1. What are the documents which I have to bring and should they be the originals.

2. How much of cash should I show and shoud they be hard cash or TCs or will a fixed deposit statement of a bank do?

These questions were answered to a certain extent.

Regards
Rob
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 6:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

No no, I have been to Canada on many occassions, but this is the first time I will be landing after getting the PR. Therefore I have to bring some documentation and currency with me to show to the VISA officer. Therefore my original questions were

1. What are the documents which I have to bring and should they be the originals.

2. How much of cash should I show and shoud they be hard cash or TCs or will a fixed deposit statement of a bank do?

Regards
Rob
As I told you, the Wiki tells you which documents you have to bring and whether or not they have to be originals. And I answered your question regarding proof of funds. Not sure what else you want!!

You've now asked how much cash you should show (amount of proof of funds is on CIC's website, will depend on how many family members there are), and should it be hard cash (has to be instantly accessible so a bank statement from a current account will be just fine). Those questions were not in your original post.

Are you sorted now?!?
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all
Smile Re: What to take for the first visit

Regards
Rob
Hi! Christmasoompa answered your questions exactly, as we are in the same position. We are moving permanently as from 5th April 2010, but have to land before 20th march 2010 before visa expires, We are coming over to land as PR 11th July and we still have to take with us the settlement funds that you would need if you were staying. We are coming back after 2 weeks, so you also need to bring with you your Goods to Follow list also for customs. As Christmasoompa had stated the wiki has a very good list of what to bring with you, and it's very good list!