Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What Size Special Delivery Envelope for CIC to Return Passports?

What Size Special Delivery Envelope for CIC to Return Passports?

Old Jul 23rd 2011, 11:19 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default What Size Special Delivery Envelope for CIC to Return Passports?

We're planning on sending our passports (there are three in total) down to London via courier and are going to enclose a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope for CIC to return them to us. Has anyone done this before? If so, which size envelope will we need? I was thinking an A5 size but will there be any paperwork included with our passports/visas that may require a bigger size?

Many thanks in advance for any replies
Old Jul 24th 2011, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What Size Special Delivery Envelope for CIC to Return Passports?

Originally Posted by engineer80
We're planning on sending our passports (there are three in total) down to London via courier and are going to enclose a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope for CIC to return them to us. Has anyone done this before? If so, which size envelope will we need? I was thinking an A5 size but will there be any paperwork included with our passports/visas that may require a bigger size?

Many thanks in advance for any replies
Passport size Sorry couldn't resist but seriously I've read on other threads that the special delivery postage is costed into your payment so no need to include pre paid envelope yourself. I've even heard of people who have included a pre paid envelope having it returned, unused inside the envelope that cic use. Hopfully somebody else can confirm this and save you time and money. Congrats on getting PPR.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 12:39 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Passport size
I'm sure it says in the instructions to either include a self addressed envelope (without any stamps/postage) or if you are in the UK, you can enclose a special delivery envelope (you keep hold of the tracking number)....hold....on - yep it says an A4 sized or larger self addressed enevlope or a Royal Mails Special Delviery envelope which is large enough - I suppose I just answered my own questions, would help if I didn't just skim over the important stuff So I guess I'll ask for an A4 sized (or larger) special delivery envelope then. Thanks for your reply
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

edmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by engineer80
I'm sure it says in the instructions to either include a self addressed envelope (without any stamps/postage) or if you are in the UK, you can enclose a special delivery envelope (you keep hold of the tracking number)....hold....on - yep it says an A4 sized or larger self addressed enevlope or a Royal Mails Special Delviery envelope which is large enough - I suppose I just answered my own questions, would help if I didn't just skim over the important stuff So I guess I'll ask for an A4 sized (or larger) special delivery envelope then. Thanks for your reply
sorry that made me laugh so much, and gratz on your PPR exciting!