Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What should I do if the funds increased again?

What should I do if the funds increased again?

Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

immiq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What should I do if the funds increased again?

My interview has been waived. I completed the medicals and provided the updated funds upon a request last year, which just covered the funds requirements. The case is still pending. If I see the CIS increases the funds again this year, should I provide a new updating funds immediately or wait until I am required to do so? I do not know whether the CIS will require an applicant to update the funds again if they update the requirements. Thank you for your answer.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 8:03 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: What should I do if the funds increased again?

I think it is quite possible that if you only have the basic minimum they require they may ask again for proof, but wait until asked, they dont always. However as this is one of the requirements to enter Canada. If you landed in and did not have the minimum funds on landing I believe they may not let you in. It is a condition of the application. If you have it on paper at the time to show CHC then dont when you land you may be on the next plane home.It is alwasy best to have more than the minimum, you also have to allow air fares moving costs etc etc, which cant come out of these funds, as it will leave yo uwith less than required.

Originally Posted by immiq
My interview has been waived. I completed the medicals and provided the updated funds upon a request last year, which just covered the funds requirements. The case is still pending. If I see the CIS increases the funds again this year, should I provide a new updating funds immediately or wait until I am required to do so? I do not know whether the CIS will require an applicant to update the funds again if they update the requirements. Thank you for your answer.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

immiq is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a follow up question. If the CIS increases the funds again this year, can the CIS deny my application without request new funds updating or they should request the funds updating once again before they make a final decision? Any experts can provide your comments? Thanks.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by immiq
If you only have the minimum, one thing you should check is the exchange rate from your local currency to Canadian Dollars.