What should I do?

Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

darkov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What should I do?

Hi,

I'm a UK national who is self-employed but contracted to a Canadian company providing customer support over the internet. I'm been offered employment by the company if I move to Canada, there is no downside to this as it gives me employment benefits and better standard of living for the same or more pay.

But, it's an unskilled job. How should I approach moving to Canada? I can work from anywhere that has internet access, could I move on a visitor visa and apply for a work visa once there? I'm concerned that I won't qualify for the work permit because it's not a skilled job, or perminant residency.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: What should I do?

Hi,

Request the company to apply to HSRDC and get and an Arranged Employment Opinion. Once you have the AEO, apply for PR via London CHC, which will process your application faster as you have an AEO.

but still all this will take a while, in the mean time you can do your work via the internet as you have said that you can do it from anywhere.

regs

Originally Posted by darkov
Hi,

I'm a UK national who is self-employed but contracted to a Canadian company providing customer support over the internet. I'm been offered employment by the company if I move to Canada, there is no downside to this as it gives me employment benefits and better standard of living for the same or more pay.

But, it's an unskilled job. How should I approach moving to Canada? I can work from anywhere that has internet access, could I move on a visitor visa and apply for a work visa once there? I'm concerned that I won't qualify for the work permit because it's not a skilled job, or perminant residency.