What Question Piss You Off More?

Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Question Piss You Off More?

Originally Posted by gooding
If you can't use your electrical goods out there can I have them ???
Can we come to visit when your there?
Can we holiday in your house until you move? ( we have house there)
Have you thought about the kids? ( as if!! )
You still here?
Are you taking the dog and cat? ( no we'll leave them in the house for new owners!!!!!!!)
Why do you want to move where it snows all the time ( Vancouver Island, yeh right!)
Are you coming back? ( No we are EMIGRATING!)
As well as all the usual, I wish we had not told people a lot, then just left without notice.
Mmm, can't agree more! The one about "have you heard anything yet?" even though we've said we'll shout it from the rooftops when we hear anything a million times. Especially the out-laws, who've had the cheek to ask the above and then say "You know, we're fed up of people asking us if you've heard anything yet" - aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

TrishB
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:20 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

I find it amazing how many people say "oh you have a .... dont you - if you are leaving it can I have it?" when I reply yes I was going to sell it on a car boot for £x but you can buy it" they seem to take it as an insult.

Beginning to wonder if I should put a sign up outside saying please come and help yourself.

Originally Posted by gooding
If you can't use your electrical goods out there can I have them ???
Can we come to visit when your there?
Can we holiday in your house until you move? ( we have house there)
Have you thought about the kids? ( as if!! )
You still here?
Are you taking the dog and cat? ( no we'll leave them in the house for new owners!!!!!!!)
Why do you want to move where it snows all the time ( Vancouver Island, yeh right!)
Are you coming back? ( No we are EMIGRATING!)
As well as all the usual, I wish we had not told people a lot, then just left without notice.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:23 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Now we are waiting for our passports returned we get a lot of:

are you still going then?
surley you wont go until you get a job?
oh you really are immigrating then!

Originally Posted by cryout
A) "Have you heard anything from Immigration Canada?" (usually asked in that particular way as saying: "poor idiot..are you still waiting for those crooks?")

B) "You have a job here in your home-country...Are you still going to Canada?" (for most of the people having a job it means you are done...you shouldn't ask more from your life!)

C) "When will you get the Canadian PR visa?" (very innocent but yet irritating question...)

Many times in these two years I had to stand these questions and I can't see the end of the tunnel...now I am just trying to avoid this extra-dose of frustration by avoiding people and living in the shadow...

your Cryout
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Airseir
Now we are waiting for our passports returned we get a lot of:

are you still going then?
surley you wont go until you get a job?
oh you really are immigrating then!
" Canada ?.....cold eh...." like it's tropical over here
or
" Canada ?.....are you planning to be a lumberjack ? " standard answer is : " Well ...yeah, used to be a lumberjack in the Sahara dessert and a pretty good one, might pick it up again"...." In the Sahara dessert ???? hehehe they don't have no trees over there "....." Well..told you I was good didn't I ?! "
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Canadabound is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What Question Piss You Off More?

Originally Posted by cryout
A) "Have you heard anything from Immigration Canada?" (usually asked in that particular way as saying: "poor idiot..are you still waiting for those crooks?")

B) "You have a job here in your home-country...Are you still going to Canada?" (for most of the people having a job it means you are done...you shouldn't ask more from your life!)

C) "When will you get the Canadian PR visa?" (very innocent but yet irritating question...)

Many times in these two years I had to stand these questions and I can't see the end of the tunnel...now I am just trying to avoid this extra-dose of frustration by avoiding people and living in the shadow...

your Cryout
The one that annoys me the most is,

Why Canada? It's freezing there! most people ask me this on a regular basis..... I don't bother to answer that one anymore.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Canadabound
The one that annoys me the most is,

Why Canada? It's freezing there! most people ask me this on a regular basis..... I don't bother to answer that one anymore.

Yeah and if you ever whinge about the weather being cold or wet they say "wait til you get to Canada, you're going to have to get used to it", i.e. stop bl**dy whining. I keep trying to convince people that it's a different kind of cold, a dry cold, rather than a damp in your bones cold that we get in the UK.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Try being from Canada and living in the UK (my British husband and I are planning to emigrate to Canada next year some time)...if I mention that it's cold, people immediately jump on me with "You're Canadian, you should be used to the cold!"...

I may be Canadian but I've lived in the UK longer than I ever lived in Canada...and what, Canadians aren't supposed to feel cold? Grr...

Originally Posted by h_henry
Yeah and if you ever whinge about the weather being cold or wet they say "wait til you get to Canada, you're going to have to get used to it", i.e. stop bl**dy whining. I keep trying to convince people that it's a different kind of cold, a dry cold, rather than a damp in your bones cold that we get in the UK.