Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What are passport checks at Test/Ceremony for?

What are passport checks at Test/Ceremony for?

Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

chinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are passport checks at Test/Ceremony for?

Can anyone tell me if it would be a problem to leave Canada after submitting Citizenship application (to travel) as long as they is someone checking mail and am willing to come back for test/ceremony at short notice?

Someone told me at the Test & Ceremony they check passports - are they just checking that 'days present in Canada' prior to application being sent is accurate as claimed, or would they be looking to see where you have been since sending the application? As long as the 'days present' total has been met, would it matter to go travelling afterwards?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:45 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are passport checks at Test/Ceremony for?

They are just checking the days present, but its a formality, and eligability is based on when you applied, so travel is OK.

Its just the practicalities of short notice travel that make it hard to be overseas during processing.