What Next?

Old Mar 21st 2006, 2:08 pm
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice
Question What Next?

Okay, so we have just sent our spouse sponsorship application to the CPC in Mississauga, and we think we have answered everything right & provided all the evidence, I understand CPC is averaging 40 or so days before they acknowledge someone is ‘eligible to sponsor’.

What happens now, do I get sent a reference number or is there no further contact until they send your “Big Bag O’ Forms & Crap” to London

Also if CPC had any queries regarding any answers on your form, would they use common sense and contact you for clarification or would they send the whole thing back?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of
Default Re: What Next?

Originally Posted by TFI
Okay, so we have just sent our spouse sponsorship application to the CPC in Mississauga, and we think we have answered everything right & provided all the evidence, I understand CPC is averaging 40 or so days before they acknowledge someone is ‘eligible to sponsor’.

What happens now, do I get sent a reference number or is there no further contact until they send your “Big Bag O’ Forms & Crap” to London

Also if CPC had any queries regarding any answers on your form, would they use common sense and contact you for clarification or would they send the whole thing back?
Now you sit and wait for Mississauga to approve if you are missing anything or they want any info they will send the whole application back to you...but take heart once you send it back with missing info it goes directly to the desk of the same person and not too the bottom of the pile they will send the sponsor a letter and forward the application on to London from there you wait again...straight forward applications seem to be moving quite quickly we sent out to mississaugMississaugad hubby is picking up his Visa on Mar 31st so less than 5 months for us but has felt like so much longer.

best of luck I am sure you application will be fine.

Island Girl
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What Next?

You wont receive anything from them until a decision has been about sponsorship or more information is needed, which is generally 40 days or so. Sometimes it's less then 40 days and sometimes more. Ours actually took 128 days, but I don't think that's very common. When you receive your letter, it will also include your case #

Originally Posted by TFI