Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What is involved in background checks??

Wikiposts

What is involved in background checks??

Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:59 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is involved in background checks??

Now, the interview is over!! its background checks now??
i am just wondering that if every police certificate is clean, wat more are the CHCs gonna check??
and wat is not revealed by the police certificates that is there to check?? they are just worried that the person to whom they r gonna give the visa, is not a criminal!! And that is disclosed by the PCs, right?
wat do they check in this background checks and why do they do so?
anyone??
thanks
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:15 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is involved in background checks??

Hi

Originally Posted by amancharan
Now, the interview is over!! its background checks now??
i am just wondering that if every police certificate is clean, wat more are the CHCs gonna check??
and wat is not revealed by the police certificates that is there to check?? they are just worried that the person to whom they r gonna give the visa, is not a criminal!! And that is disclosed by the PCs, right?
wat do they check in this background checks and why do they do so?
anyone??
thanks
There is the security check, done outside of CIC where your associations and activities are checked to see if you are associated to terroist or criminal groups. There is the background check with the employers (not in every case) to see if actually performed the work that you claimed, check of the educational credentials to see if they are genuine.

PMM
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:20 am

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

There is the security check, done outside of CIC where your associations and activities are checked to see if you are associated to terroist or criminal groups. There is the background check with the employers (not in every case) to see if actually performed the work that you claimed, check of the educational credentials to see if they are genuine.

PMM
i agree PMM, but as my case is of spousal sponsorship, i wont be subject to checks frm employers or educational institutions. thats wat i feel!
but, u didnt answer my query; why would they check if a person is involved in criminal activities, if the police certificates show "no information". if a person was involved in terrorist activities, then obviously, this record would show. isnt it?
any more expert opinions as to wat do they do and why?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

i agree PMM, but as my case is of spousal sponsorship, i wont be subject to checks frm employers or educational institutions. thats wat i feel!
but, u didnt answer my query; why would they check if a person is involved in criminal activities, if the police certificates show "no information". if a person was involved in terrorist activities, then obviously, this record would show. isnt it?
any more expert opinions as to wat do they do and why?
Since you didn't state that you were a spousal applicant, makes a difference. Not all terroists have a criminal record, they look at associations and groups of which you were a member and check with the local intelligence community to see if they have any information on you.

PMM
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

Since you didn't state that you were a spousal applicant, makes a difference. Not all terroists have a criminal record, they look at associations and groups of which you were a member and check with the local intelligence community to see if they have any information on you.

PMM
thanks PMM
but would it affect if u have a bad credit history??
Old Mar 7th 2005, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks PMM
but would it affect if u have a bad credit history??

It has nothing to do with your credit history!