Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What happens now to my PNP application?

What happens now to my PNP application?

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:36 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happens now to my PNP application?

As you can see from our timeline, we have been blessed by the gods or the CHC at least!

We have now our meds booked in Regina, Saskatchewan for 26 Jan.

I really want to know though what happens to our PNP application now that our SW application seems to have been fast-tracked?

Do we need to let PNP peeps know that we have taken meds etc for SW route - surely we will not have to pay for two sets of meds
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 4:33 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens now to my PNP application?

it makes sense to tell the sinp-people. that frees their time and energy for cases for which the pnp-route is the only way to go.

your comment about med-fees made me smile (i make a detour around a doctor's office if i don't really need to go there ) - where did you get the idea to have them twice? were you supposed to do one for the pnp-office?
the way i see it: your nomination would have been the first hurdle to get onto the passing lane of the sw-route. the federal part conducted by cic would have been the same exempt for the principal thing of point calculation (your nomination certificate would have made that unnecessary). so "only" federal medicals, right?

btw - good luck for your move!

what i still don't know for sure since i haven't noticed any experience record from people who went through that particular situation: would chc london fast track an existing "standard" sw application if somebody sends them the updated information including the pnp-certificate. or does a freshly nominated person need to re-apply again with all fees involved? the later option would mean to me that one would be financially heavily punished if one got pnp approved instead of getting an aeo...
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:24 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lof
what i still don't know for sure since i haven't noticed any experience record from people who went through that particular situation: would chc london fast track an existing "standard" sw application if somebody sends them the updated information including the pnp-certificate. or does a freshly nominated person need to re-apply again with all fees involved? the later option would mean to me that one would be financially heavily punished if one got pnp approved instead of getting an aeo...
Law doesn't allow for change of category or change of principal applicant - technically existing application should be withdrawn and new one under PNP submitted.

But as experience of some posters here shows CHC London is quite "flexible" when interpreting and executing the law and many were able to update their SW application with PNP certificate and go forward without formally withdrawing and re-applying.

In visa posts where such "flexibility" doesn't exist application would have to be withdrawn and if it was a simplified application then application fees are refundable as long as withdrawal occurs before request for full package is issued.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:27 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the clarification, andrew!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Law doesn't allow for change of category or change of principal applicant - technically existing application should be withdrawn and new one under PNP submitted.

But as experience of some posters here shows CHC London is quite "flexible" when interpreting and executing the law and many were able to update their SW application with PNP certificate and go forward without formally withdrawing and re-applying.

In visa posts where such "flexibility" doesn't exist application would have to be withdrawn and if it was a simplified application then application fees are refundable as long as withdrawal occurs before request for full package is issued.
What about my situation Andrew - what happens now to PNP application?
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by lof
it makes sense to tell the sinp-people. that frees their time and energy for cases for which the pnp-route is the only way to go.

your comment about med-fees made me smile (i make a detour around a doctor's office if i don't really need to go there ) - where did you get the idea to have them twice? were you supposed to do one for the pnp-office? the way i see it: your nomination would have been the first hurdle to get onto the passing lane of the sw-route. the federal part conducted by cic would have been the same exempt for the principal thing of point calculation (your nomination certificate would have made that unnecessary). so "only" federal medicals, right?

btw - good luck for your move!

I read a post on here not that long ago about someone having to pay twice for medicals I know if you are nominated via SINP you take a medical) and as I dont know what happens to PNP now - I just wasn't sure, because like you - I avoid Doctors like the plague
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Alvic we have just had word that i me and my son need to go and have our medicals as they seem to be fast tracking our PR as we have successful WP.
Now then my consultant was confused why me and my son needed medicals and not my wife so i explained that my wife has just had one for her WP as she works with children so they have hers, so no need to pay twice.

my time line is...........

PR app 15/08/06
job offer 13/05/07
LMO 12/09/07
WP letter 04/12/07 due to my wife's Med and police checks
PR Med req 21/12/07
i fly out on 19/01/08
wife and son fly out on 19/04/08

Also we need to renew our PR appications and lucky that we have payed our PR fee's as i am skint
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Alvic in my opinion you are at the PR stage, the end is near so don't worry they know your case because they do this for a living
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by peachgary
Alvic we have just had word that i me and my son need to go and have our medicals as they seem to be fast tracking our PR as we have successful WP.
Now then my consultant was confused why me and my son needed medicals and not my wife so i explained that my wife has just had one for her WP as she works with children so they have hers, so no need to pay twice.

PR app 15/08/06
job offer 13/05/07
LMO 12/09/07
PR Med req 21/12/07
i fly out on 19/01/08

Also we need to renew our PR appications and lucky that we have payed our PR fee's as i am skint

Unfortunately our ROPRF was not paid at the time of application as we assumed it would be a brave few years down the line before we would need to pay it

We are waiting until we go to Canada until we send everything back and have meds booked for 26th Jan - one week after we arrive

Only two weeks to go until we meet you at Manchester
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:44 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

Originally Posted by Alvic
I read a post on here not that long ago about someone having to pay twice for medicals I know if you are nominated via SINP you take a medical) and as I dont know what happens to PNP now - I just wasn't sure, because like you - I avoid Doctors like the plague

i need your help alvic - i'm probably really stupid, but i don't find anything about having an initial medical to get the principal nomination from sinp in the skilled worker route, which would be the only thing i can think of in your case having a second medical. you would have had to take the one medical for the federal part for sure.
there might be additional fees for medicals if they require more tests because they found a potential health problem though (fingers crossed, they don't!)

the thing you might have had to pay twice would have been the cic application fee - that's the thing i wasn't sure about but andrew made it clear now...

i guess you just phone sinp-office, explain the situation and that you'd like to withdraw your sinp-application since you don't need it anymore. they will tell you if they need more information from you to do that.

oh, and the sooner you pay your rprf the less your ppr's going to be delayed.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:00 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by peachgary

PR app 15/08/06
job offer 13/05/07
LMO 12/09/07
PR Med req 21/12/07
i fly out on 19/01/08

Your spouse needs a new medical, according to CIC TWP/Visitor medicals are not valid for Immigration purposes.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by lof
i need your help alvic - i'm probably really stupid, but i don't find anything about having an initial medical to get the principal nomination from sinp in the skilled worker route, which would be the only thing i can think of in your case having a second medical. you would have had to take the one medical for the federal part for sure.
there might be additional fees for medicals if they require more tests because they found a potential health problem though (fingers crossed, they don't!)

the thing you might have had to pay twice would have been the cic application fee - that's the thing i wasn't sure about but andrew made it clear now...

i guess you just phone sinp-office, explain the situation and that you'd like to withdraw your sinp-application since you don't need it anymore. they will tell you if they need more information from you to do that.

oh, and the sooner you pay your rprf the less your ppr's going to be delayed.
No lof its probably me being stupid in that I dont know anything really about the PNP route and wasn't thinking that the medical for it and SW med is one and the same - is that what you are saying Cant pay rprf until we get to Canada and get the money from our account over there - cant afford them here

Do you know if we send the requested immigration forms in now to CHC or do we have to wait until our medical is done - part of it cant be sent until OH starts work but they do say in their letter that we can fax those details?

Got our new updated police checks back today. Should we send them and forms now with our Canadian addresses on them and let medicals be sent in due course - they are booked for 26th Jan so should be well within 90 days.
(just thinking I cant send forms unto we have rprf too) - ignore me
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

the davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nice

As you can see from our timeline, we have been blessed by the gods or the CHC at least!

We have now our meds booked in Regina, Saskatchewan for 26 Jan.

I really want to know though what happens to our PNP application now that our SW application seems to have been fast-tracked?

Do we need to let PNP peeps know that we have taken meds etc for SW route - surely we will not have to pay for two sets of meds
Just to reassure you don't worry about the medical, if you want to know the details I'll PM you. I guess you will be going to the same one we went to because there is only one in Regina that's does them.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:01 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

No lof its probably me being stupid in that I dont know anything really about the PNP route and wasn't thinking that the medical for it and SW med is one and the same - is that what you are saying Cant pay rprf until we get to Canada and get the money from our account over there - cant afford them here

Do you know if we send the requested immigration forms in now to CHC or do we have to wait until our medical is done - part of it cant be sent until OH starts work but they do say in their letter that we can fax those details?

Got our new updated police checks back today. Should we send them and forms now with our Canadian addresses on them and let medicals be sent in due course - they are booked for 26th Jan so should be well within 90 days.
(just thinking I cant send forms unto we have rprf too) - ignore me
sometimes i find it really hard to explain something that looks absolutely clear to me to somebody who starts from scratch - sorry if i didn't find the right expressions but it is what i meant. *relieved sigh*

i'd say send all of the required information in one package. but you don't need to care about the timing around the medical (as long as it is in the time frame chc gave you, of course). the results of the medicals will be sent to the visa office (in your case london) by the doctor.

as for rprf: afaik the very latest point to send it would be with your passports - but as said before - you risk delays that way, and there are visa posts which don't issue ppr without having rprf...

i guess you have two options - if i'd be a cic officer i would probably prefer the second one:
* send the uk infos as soon as you have them together, then when you get to canada send work update and rprf
* take your uk documents to canada and make one single package together with the canadian stuff and rprf.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by lof
sometimes i find it really hard to explain something that looks absolutely clear to me to somebody who starts from scratch - sorry if i didn't find the right expressions but it is what i meant. *relieved sigh*

i'd say send all of the required information in one package. but you don't need to care about the timing around the medical (as long as it is in the time frame chc gave you, of course). the results of the medicals will be sent to the visa office (in your case london) by the doctor.

as for rprf: afaik the very latest point to send it would be with your passports - but as said before - you risk delays that way, and there are visa posts which don't issue ppr without having rprf...

i guess you have two options - if i'd be a cic officer i would probably prefer the second one:
* send the uk infos as soon as you have them together, then when you get to canada send work update and rprf
* take your uk documents to canada and make one single package together with the canadian stuff and rprf.
Are you sure your're not a CIC officer

Thanks for the advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.