Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What happens if your passport gets lost?

What happens if your passport gets lost?

Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

dextroyer is on a distinguished road
Default What happens if your passport gets lost?

Hello, since I seem to love to worry about unlikely events I was wondering what happens if your passport gets lost when you send it or on its way back from the Visa stamping.

Is there a procedure to fix something like that. Or would you have to re-apply and be re-assesed again. :scared:

I'm sure at this point someone has lost their passport with their Visa on it so CHC must have a procedure to deal with those situations don't they?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

guest210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What happens if your passport gets lost?

It has happened to other people, I imagine that they will allow you to re-submit a new passport. Gosh, that's what I have to do, but because mine was damaged. They will probably tell you that you need to get a new one and that you have until the expiry of your most recent medicals to get it.

But I am not an expert--I just like making guesses!

Use Fedex or one of the really reliable couriers. Give them the return envelope. Or--go in person--I am going 3000 km this time to make sure it doesn't go wrong!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 6:04 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inspace
It has happened to other people, I imagine that they will allow you to re-submit a new passport. Gosh, that's what I have to do, but because mine was damaged. They will probably tell you that you need to get a new one and that you have until the expiry of your most recent medicals to get it.

But I am not an expert--I just like making guesses!

Use Fedex or one of the really reliable couriers. Give them the return envelope. Or--go in person--I am going 3000 km this time to make sure it doesn't go wrong!
I havent heard this a lot, though I saw one of this thread somewat a month or so back!! Its really rare that this would happen; but if it does, I would guess that a person can get a new passport made and then get the visa re-affixed !!
hope this dosent happen to any one of us!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

dextroyer is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I used fedex to send mine. In fact, the tracking number already shows it was delivered

I included a pre-paid air waybill so that they can return it back, so hopefully everything will be fine.