What happens on arrival.

Old Jan 10th 2023, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

doodlebug149 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happens on arrival.

Hi Guys,

My wife has employment in Canada and she has just been granted her 'Introduction Letter' so she can obtain her work permit at the border and I have been granted my SOWP.
We are now at the planning stage for leaving the UK and wondered what happens when we arrive at the border. She will be going two months ahead of me due to kids schooling.
When she arrives at the border and presents herself, what happens at that stage? I understand she needs to convince the officer that she still meets the requirements and they may ask her for proof of her job, that she is qualified to do the job she is there to do and she may be asked to show proof of funds.

I wanted to ask about other peoples experiences. What happened when you presented yourself? What questions were you asked? Is it an interrogation lol? and how long did it take you before you were on your way with your permit?

I am sure I am over thinking everything but wondering if she is going to have to travel with half of the filing cabinet in her hand luggage? The way I am reading it, she will be taking a fair wedge of paperwork.

Thanks all. :- )
Old Jan 10th 2023, 6:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens on arrival.

Originally Posted by doodlebug149
Hi Guys,

My wife has employment in Canada and she has just been granted her 'Introduction Letter' so she can obtain her work permit at the border and I have been granted my SOWP.
We are now at the planning stage for leaving the UK and wondered what happens when we arrive at the border. She will be going two months ahead of me due to kids schooling.
When she arrives at the border and presents herself, what happens at that stage? I understand she needs to convince the officer that she still meets the requirements and they may ask her for proof of her job, that she is qualified to do the job she is there to do and she may be asked to show proof of funds.

I wanted to ask about other peoples experiences. What happened when you presented yourself? What questions were you asked? Is it an interrogation lol? and how long did it take you before you were on your way with your permit?

I am sure I am over thinking everything but wondering if she is going to have to travel with half of the filing cabinet in her hand luggage? The way I am reading it, she will be taking a fair wedge of paperwork.

Thanks all. :- )
Scan everything. If not carrying a laptop, put it on a phone and a flash drive, then it doesn't matter how many documents they want to see. .
Old Jan 10th 2023, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

doodlebug149 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What happens on arrival.

Originally Posted by dbd33
Scan everything. If not carrying a laptop, put it on a phone and a flash drive, then it doesn't matter how many documents they want to see. .
Thank you. That's a really good idea. Got to be easier than carrying everything. :-)

Do you know what sort of information they ask you on arrival? I suppose it could be anything.