What is a good enough CRS score?

Old Aug 26th 2016, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is a good enough CRS score?

Hi all,

Having done the CRS test and come up with a score of 441. I am a little confused as to what is a good enough score to be confident with in terms of getting along in the Express Entry route.

Aka one worth progressing with the English tests etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as always.

Michael
Old Aug 26th 2016, 11:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is a good enough CRS score?

The lowest it's ever gone to is 450, at the moment it seems to be around 480, you can easily check the previous draw scores on the CIC website - Express Entry rounds of invitations

At 441 you're unlikely to be picked anytime soon going on current scores being selected, but you're not far off so personally I would get a profile submitted it it was me.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thingstodo123
Hi all,

Having done the CRS test and come up with a score of 441. I am a little confused as to what is a good enough score to be confident with in terms of getting along in the Express Entry route.

Aka one worth progressing with the English tests etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as always.

Michael
On this sort of score I would be thinking about ways of lifting the score a little. Could you pass a French test for example? Getting one more year of work experience? At 441 I would enter then explore the scoring system to look at ways of picking up the few extra points.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about

The rumour is that once the backlog of pre EE applications has been processed the scores will drop to a lower level. With 441 I would be submitting a profile.

I'm a lot lower score wise and I'll be submitting one (in the new year). If you're serious about moving then you lose nothing by submitting and the chances of being selected are significantly higher than if you don't

Oh yeah, the PNP may reopen again in the new year and all of those require you to have an EE profile.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LonelyCloud
The rumour is that once the backlog of pre EE applications has been processed the scores will drop to a lower level. With 441 I would be submitting a profile.

I'm a lot lower score wise and I'll be submitting one (in the new year). If you're serious about moving then you lose nothing by submitting and the chances of being selected are significantly higher than if you don't

Oh yeah, the PNP may reopen again in the new year and all of those require you to have an EE profile.
Agreed candidates should enter the pool if they have a score in that region. The only cost is getting your educational credentials evaluated and taking IELTS or equivalent, so lets say ~£300 in total. Not much if you're serious about moving to Canada.

It's true that in a talk around May time it was mentioned that more invites would be sent from around September onwards, however there are many factors involved so nothing is certain, but I'm hoping for it!

Consensus also seems to be that Ontario PNP will re-open in November (not confirmed I dont think), worth having a look in to.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone and apologies for the slow response. Been out in the countryside for a few days.

It seems I need to submit my application then! Not so sure about a french test but shall give it a shot.

Shall be waiting for IEC and EE then. Too many months in limbo waiting for 2017!

Here's a slightly out there idea. Is it worth just flying over now and finding a cash under the table job whilst I wait?
Old Sep 1st 2016, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thingstodo123

Here's a slightly out there idea. Is it worth just flying over now and finding a cash under the table job whilst I wait?
No one on here is going to/should condone this nor should you really be asking others to encourage you in breaking the law.

If you were caught you would likely burn any future prospects of moving to Canada legally. Is it really worth setting up a life here and then 10-15 years down the line having to leave because you were caught?
Old Sep 1st 2016, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ha probably shouldn't have written that. Apologies, just thinking aloud.

So normal here that it's not surprising it comes to mind though.

Legitimate it is.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute

Always submit your profile as you never know what will happen. For example in late 2004 the new Zealand gov't noticed their target for immigration wasn't been met and instructed their immigration dep't to make sure they met the target for the year so suddenly for a few months the target points dropped massively and we were in!
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 6:04 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There's also Ontario PNP. Make sure to only pick one Province of interest (Ontario) - they may bite and invite you to apply.

OINP-Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities-Who can apply
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
There's also Ontario PNP. Make sure to only pick one Province of interest (Ontario) - they may bite and invite you to apply.

OINP-Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities-Who can apply
Is there anywhere it says that you must only select Ontario? Can you not select 'All Provinces and Territories'? Or select multiple including Ontario (for example I've chosen both BC and Ontario)?

I've read in other forum posts that either of these options are ok, but if it has to be Ontario only, I need to change my CIC profile!

Thanks,

Gorb
Old Sep 5th 2016, 5:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla
Is there anywhere it says that you must only select Ontario? Can you not select 'All Provinces and Territories'? Or select multiple including Ontario (for example I've chosen both BC and Ontario)?

I've read in other forum posts that either of these options are ok, but if it has to be Ontario only, I need to change my CIC profile!

Thanks,

Gorb
From the Ontario PNP website:

5. Indicate interest in immigrating to either Ontario or “All Provinces and Territories” when you register for Express Entry.

As far as I am aware, you can't put 2 different Provinces down, only the generic as above. People have been turned down for PNP because they've spent a few days in another Province!

Old Sep 6th 2016, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Siouxie, I've changed my options to be Ontario only now!
Old Sep 11th 2016, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Eggx is an unknown quantity at this point

According to some rumours, OINP may raise the cutoff score to 450 once the programme reopens

You may want to look at increasing your score to maximise your chances