Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What does An EXAMINATION INTERVIEW mean?

What does An EXAMINATION INTERVIEW mean?

Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

float is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What does An EXAMINATION INTERVIEW mean?

After long waiting for PR within Canada, I received an interview letter from a local office.
The letter says that In previous cerrespondence, you were informed that you had been granted an exemption from certain legislative requirements and that you must meet all other statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A final determination on whether you meet statutory requiremnts can only be made at AN EXAMINATION interview.....

What does AN EXAMINATION INTERVIEW mean? Will the officer ask many question both my partner and me in the different room? Or Immigration want to make sure my name of spell on PR card is correct and ask me a just few question.

I am very nervous about it.
I applied for PR as common law last April.

Please help me :scared:

thank you
Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:05 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does An EXAMINATION INTERVIEW mean?

Hi

Originally Posted by float
After long waiting for PR within Canada, I received an interview letter from a local office.
The letter says that In previous cerrespondence, you were informed that you had been granted an exemption from certain legislative requirements and that you must meet all other statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A final determination on whether you meet statutory requiremnts can only be made at AN EXAMINATION interview.....

What does AN EXAMINATION INTERVIEW mean? Will the officer ask many question both my partner and me in the different room? Or Immigration want to make sure my name of spell on PR card is correct and ask me a just few question.

I am very nervous about it.
I applied for PR as common law last April.

Please help me :scared:

thank you
1. It could be an interview for landing, or it could be they intend to question you on your relationship to your partner. Did they request your partner to attend?

PMM
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Hi,PMM. thank you for replying me quickly.

Yes, they did reeqested my partner to attend as well. But they also said that if he can't attend, just come by myself and they will determine whether or not the requirements can be met without him.
They also say that if I need an interpreter, find one with me and I need to bring my passport, two photographs....

Actually, I received AIP and sponsorship evaluation result(he met all them requirement). My e-clinet status shows that they sent a letter about decision on my application at the same date when they sent AIP and for my sponsor, but I have not received the letter about their decision.

During the process, I sent AUTHORITY TO RELEASE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A DESIGNATED INDIVIDUAL and USE OF A REPRESENTIVE. My parter's name on those application. Can he be my interpreter because he is my representive?(He doesn't speak my first language....maybe impossible??)

thank you for time
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: What does An EXAMINATION INTERVIEW mean?

Can anybody advice?
Please help me. I am very worried about it.

What can I be asked at the interview?

thank you
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:25 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by float
Can anybody advice?
Please help me. I am very worried about it.

What can I be asked at the interview?

thank you
It sounds very much like a landing interview. When is it to be held? The wording of the letter sounds like the landing interview call in - so serious but not a problem in the event.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: What does An EXAMINATION INTERVIEW mean?

Thank you for replying me,Jim.

Actually I finally received a final decision letter from Vegreville even though my e-client says that they sent the one last Monday.

Now I am sure the EXAMINATION INTERVIEW will be landing interview. I am very happy.

thanks again and good luck to all of you