Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What Does 'Company's Official Seal' mean?

What Does 'Company's Official Seal' mean?

Old Jan 29th 2005, 4:21 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Question What Does 'Company's Official Seal' mean?

We are applying through London, UK and are asked to provide employer reference letters with the 'Company's Official Seal'. What exactly is this? Is this like the company's Logo or something? I've never heard of it.

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 4:46 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: What Does 'Company's Official Seal' mean?

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
We are applying through London, UK and are asked to provide employer reference letters with the 'Company's Official Seal'. What exactly is this? Is this like the company's Logo or something? I've never heard of it.

Thanks for any help.
I think it is the company stamp and official signature from a listed officer of the company.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

immquest is an unknown quantity at this point

We provided letters from all past and present employers in their letterhead. Employers said they had no "Seal" to provide. So, we asked the HR to sign the letters and provide their direct contact #s and email addresses.
Hope this helps.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Xyzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

In some jurisdictions, a corporation must have an official seal, which is a device that embosses an official mark of the corporation onto a piece of paper. It's not a logo, rather, it's a sort of nineteenth-century-looking round design with writing around the outside (usually the name of the corporation and the date of incorporation) and some fancy picture in the middle. I think California is such a jurisdiction, and my (California) company embossed its official seal onto my letters.

But my previous employer's headquarters is now in Belgium, and my partner works for a huge corporation whose official seal is with their corporate counsel in Delaware. In both of those letters the HR department said something neutral like that there was no official seal available to be applied to the letter. They wrote the letters on company letterhead and attached business cards. The Buffalo office accepted the letters without comment.