Wikiposts

What does it all mean???

Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Stig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What does it all mean???

I finally heard from CIC today, they sent me two letters at once, one saying they had received my application, and onother saying they had finished processing it... Does that mean they processed the whole thing in one day? Surely not!
The second letter says "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status. Please note: At the time of your appointment, you will be required to present the original identification document to the immigration centre"

Is this an Interview they will be calling me to? or does this just mean that they are going to give me my status right there and then???

Yipeeeeee!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:08 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: What does it all mean???

Originally Posted by Stig
I finally heard from CIC today, they sent me two letters at once, one saying they had received my application, and onother saying they had finished processing it... Does that mean they processed the whole thing in one day? Surely not!
The second letter says "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status. Please note: At the time of your appointment, you will be required to present the original identification document to the immigration centre"

Is this an Interview they will be calling me to? or does this just mean that they are going to give me my status right there and then???

Yipeeeeee!!!!
That sounds really wierd. I do not want to sound negative, but it sounds to me like the officer just printed the wrong paper and accidentally sent it to you.

Lets hope I am wrong and you are the reciepient of some miracle.

BTW have you checked e/client, what does it say?

Good luck
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:56 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Yipeeeeee!!!!
really strange!!
duno wat that is supposed to mean////
Old Apr 29th 2005, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hmm i am thinking it means..your *sponsorship* part has been accepted and approved...?????

WOW ..please come back and let us know what the outcome is *S*
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:32 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Yipeeeeee!!!!
is it the sponsorship that u are undergoing??
maybe then wat ML said could be right....
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:01 am
Just Joined

We applied to Vagreville for my Wife to sponsor me in November, We moved in February, and I was pretty worried because I had no way of letting them know my new address, we did however ask Canada Post to forward our mail.
I tried e-client every week, using the receipt # to attempt to log in.
I got no-where with e-client until yesterday, when due to frustration I tried logging in with my Wife's name rather than my own...
Hey presto, I was suddenly confronted with a screen with two columns, My Wife's and my own right next to it... Each column had "Decision Made", when I clicked on them, they both said that a letter had been sent on 19th April, and my one had said that a letter had also been sent concerning the decision which had been made concerning my application (Also on April 19th).
I was pretty worried because all the letters had been sent to my old address... I had heard that Canada Post wouldn't forward government mail or some shite like that.
My Wife and I went for Dinner on the way home; I couldn't sit still because of all the potential for disasters... Mail gets lost; decision is bad, etc, etc.
When we got home there was no mail... My Wife suggested looking in the Mailbox for the granny flat attached to our house.
For the second time yesterday - Hey Presto! There were two envelopes from CIC in the mailbox. The letters are pretty ambiguous though...

Ade.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

We applied to Vagreville for my Wife to sponsor me in November, We moved in February, and I was pretty worried because I had no way of letting them know my new address, we did however ask Canada Post to forward our mail.
I tried e-client every week, using the receipt # to attempt to log in.
I got no-where with e-client until yesterday, when due to frustration I tried logging in with my Wife's name rather than my own...
Hey presto, I was suddenly confronted with a screen with two columns, My Wife's and my own right next to it... Each column had "Decision Made", when I clicked on them, they both said that a letter had been sent on 19th April, and my one had said that a letter had also been sent concerning the decision which had been made concerning my application (Also on April 19th).
I was pretty worried because all the letters had been sent to my old address... I had heard that Canada Post wouldn't forward government mail or some shite like that.
My Wife and I went for Dinner on the way home; I couldn't sit still because of all the potential for disasters... Mail gets lost; decision is bad, etc, etc.
When we got home there was no mail... My Wife suggested looking in the Mailbox for the granny flat attached to our house.
For the second time yesterday - Hey Presto! There were two envelopes from CIC in the mailbox. The letters are pretty ambiguous though...

Ade.
Seems like the confusion has more to do with the post. From the CIC website, I think you are all through!! If the letter and the site says its all done, the it might soon be time to celebrate

In answer to one of your earlier questions, there isn't always an interview. CIC can make decisions on applications without seeking to have an interview with the applicant. I too wasn't invited for interview.

Have you had a request for your passport?
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kki6
Seems like the confusion has more to do with the post. From the CIC website, I think you are all through!! If the letter and the site says its all done, the it might soon be time to celebrate

In answer to one of your earlier questions, there isn't always an interview. CIC can make decisions on applications without seeking to have an interview with the applicant. I too wasn't invited for interview.

Have you had a request for your passport?
No haven’t been asked for my passport yet... Hope they pull their fingers out, need to send it off to get it re-newed.
They said that the Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough would 'Contact me regarding my permanent resident status'... Never heard of a centre in Scarborough before...
I'm sure they don't mean to, but they always manage to make all of the correspondence so ambiguous!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

No haven’t been asked for my passport yet... Hope they pull their fingers out, need to send it off to get it re-newed.
They said that the Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough would 'Contact me regarding my permanent resident status'... Never heard of a centre in Scarborough before...
I'm sure they don't mean to, but they always manage to make all of the correspondence so ambiguous!
Ade
Did you apply from Canada or was your application external? Just wondering what Scarborough has to go with it?
Old Apr 30th 2005, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kki6
Ade
Did you apply from Canada or was your application external? Just wondering what Scarborough has to go with it?
Yeah, I applied from witin Canada.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Sukh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Stig,

Don't worry at all this is just landing process you have to go thru in Scarbrough ( I think you live in scarbrough because they refer to local cic office) it's pretty simple .. as they dont' give visa to inland spouses cases so that's why they haven't asked for your PP ... after that landing process you would be a PR.

Take it easy and enjoy!!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sukh
Hey Stig,

Don't worry at all this is just landing process you have to go thru in Scarbrough ( I think you live in scarbrough because they refer to local cic office) it's pretty simple .. as they dont' give visa to inland spouses cases so that's why they haven't asked for your PP ... after that landing process you would be a PR.

Take it easy and enjoy!!
Bloody hell... Hope hope it is all as you say, and it's all just going to be O.K.!!!

I've been pretty worried for the last few days, because I never got round to applying for the RCMP fingerprint check and all that Jazz, I've been too busy living my life... This probably will sound like heresy to some people on this BB, but I refuse to put my life on hold for all of this... Hence moving house with no way of letting them know my new address... I'm sure CIC have some access to the RCMP computers and can find out that I have no convictions or anything... If they don't then there is something badly wrong with the system.
I got a letter from the Police in the UK when I was back over there a couple of years ago, and included this in my application, even though it was past the 12 month validity period, and they tell you not to send it until they ask for it, but I figured "What the hell... Might as well just send it"
Anyway, even if I get to the Scarborough office and they realise they haven't done all the police check stuff, sounds like I'm nearly there... Yipeee!!!!!